Maximize Auto growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximize Auto growth?

I have a 39" sq x 70" tall tent with a 315 CMH light.

I've read Nebula's auto grow tutorial and wonder a few things.

I'd like to grow 9 plants of White Widow Auto (Possibly 5 WW and 4 something else similar) using LST and Fimming to get a dense grow, essentially filling every inch of space in the tent

Is the 315Watt CMH too little to achieve this? Should I be thinking about a 600 watt sodium? Perhaps this is just too much to try at once int his space?

the reason I think 9 plants might work is the size of the autos and how they seem to grow.

Also, a second 250 or 400 watt Sodium is an affordable possibility. So, that would be 1 315 watt CMH + 1 250 or 400 Watt sodium. The 2 lights would also create a nice spread.......

Any ideas or opinions on this?
    Last edited by Cronk; 11-15-2017, 03:43 PM.
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Hey Cronk - I think 9 plants is too much in the space you have. I have 9 square feet and right now it is full with 3 autoflowers. One white widow is taking up more than half the room, and it's only 40 inches tall. I topped all my plants, no LST.
    You don't want your grow space too crowded, cuz if they bunch up together (touching each other or the tent) mold or bud rot could easily happen.
    I say that cuz I have had to deal with bud rot in the past.
    it's your space, good luck growing.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yeah, I agree with 147 that's to many, of course you could grow more than 9 if you use small pots, but your harvest will be smaller.
      My next grow I'm gonna grow as many differant kinds of autos as I can fit inside my tent in 2 gallon fabric pots, I'm not looking for large harvests, I'm trying to find some autos that I really like.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        And 90 days later daas you can pick another batch of autos to start.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's exactly right 147

got it. thanks.

Canuck147, your White Widow is Auto? that's a big one.

D.A.A.S.69, in 2 gallon pots you would do 9 in 9 sq ft? expecting they would grow small and produce a few grams each?
      Last edited by Cronk; 11-15-2017, 06:14 PM.
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, all my plants are autos. I find them much easier to grow, no worries about light leaks, can leave lights on 24/7 if you desire. And 90 days after you planted your seedling, you are harvesting and have the next batch already to grow.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Cronk, I'd expect alot more than a few grams, lots of folks get 4-6 ozs. from growing autos in 3 gallon SmartPots myself included, but it depends on training and growing a healthy plant.

good morning Cronk I think all are correct above .you would be better off by filling your space with 2 or 3 plants your yield might even be higher than the 9 plants, I got about a half pound from one of my outside Autos , the smallest Auto I have is a white widow and she is ready when I am, by here size I think I will get 2 to 3 ounces from her.

More plants does not necessarily mean more yield but a over crowded grow room will definitely cause problems, our growing is our thing and we each want to try different approaches to it so go right ahead with your plans good luck we will be here to help
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I used to run 3 autos in my 2'x4' tent, these days I run 6 autos in that same space. It's a tight squeeze to run 6 plants in only 8 square feet. I top and train all my plants and use pepper cages to keep them trained tight. I tend to get 3-4 ozs per plant depending on strain. Beyond all the training and the cages, humidity and temperature is the main challenge. I pump a window AC directly into my tent for temps, and just cross my fingers on the humidity front (I'm in SoCal at least)!

I'd say my per plant yields have dropped since jumping from 3 plants to 6, but only by about 20% and I assume this is just because each plant is getting less light than before.
        In my view, yield is all about strain and the amount of light at the buds. As Jarhead suggests if you give an auto all the space, light and love it can take they can yield much more heavily.
        Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

good info Beach Town. I was planning on heavy training, maybe I try 6. Still trying to get my first grow underway so all of this info will help me for the next. Thanks, eveyone
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X