LED'S I am confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED'S I am confused

I have got myself so dam confused on Led lights. Do I go by the 50w per sqft, or by coverage. What par value is optimal for plants coverage growth. If anyone has time could you someone look at these LEDs for me and give opinion . I am trying to cover 4x8 grow tent.
    https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA/...n=VIPARSPECTRA. 1200w
    https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA/...n=VIPARSPECTRA 900w
    https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA/...n=VIPARSPECTRA 900w long foot print
    https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA/...n=VIPARSPECTRA PAR1200w
    I am not computer savvy hope I did the above links ok.

thanks.

3 900 Watt would be best, two 1200w might get the job done but why buy leds for a 1000 dollars when there are better lighting options for that kind of money?

Comment

Im using viparspectra v300 2 of them and here is what im producing so far my first grow

Comment

• Poppylon
      Poppylon commented
      Editing a comment
      Really nice love them. how big is your grow area.

• Jr83
      Jr83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh about 4x4 give or take i got then sqeezed into a 2x2 area ish maybe a bit bigger I'll find a pic for ya hold on

So yeah viparspectra is a great light you'll get even better results if u get 1 vipar and on mars hydro reflector series on both

Comment

Stunning flowers
      I run 3 300w in a 2x4
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank i spent 7 years studying before this grow which is my first im impressed with the lights and myself

• Poppylon
        Poppylon commented
        Editing a comment
        yes i am retired i have all day lol

Its just reflective material thrown together in a grow area and a Pic if the vipars I've been impressed by today i just admit i didn't expect them to rocj out like they have i do wish i had gotten a mars hydro to go with them for the red

Comment

• Poppylon
        Poppylon commented
        Editing a comment
        not bad at all. I currently have 3- 300w(136 truew) and 1 300w vipar. I have 1 2x4x5 and 1.5 x 3. they were give to me

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got 2 vipar v300 u see my results so far

Instead of one big light trying to cover an area, you get lots better coverage by using 3-4 smaller lights.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Jr83
        Jr83 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what i got 2 v300 leds

• GRAND
        GRAND commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree! When it comes to LED'S more units will give better coverage than 1 big one, have you thought about those new CMH lights. Maybe 2 in the 4 x 8 tent might work well! Just chiming in,

So I'm on the about to start things 5th week of flower on my first grow just lookin for constructive criticism advice on how my garden looks so far i got a

Here's the link to my first grow thread of anyone wants to peek

Comment

At least i think did that rright in technologically challenged lmao

Comment

I have used the Viparspectra PAR 1200 in an open grow room- it easily covers a 4x4 area and can be raised to cover 5x5 area.
          It did use the entire 9 1/2' ceiling height and may not be suitable for an 8' tent.

With regards to PAR mounts- a simple way -is to shoot for 700-800 (at the canopy) in flower and 350-400 in veg.

This is where the $$$ spent is most effecient:
          You can spend more for bragging rights- but it costs you every single grow, as the increased expense does not justify the return.

Heat is a consideration, as two smaller lights will give you more Btu's than a single light of the same wattage would.

I use the LED's foot print first and then the heat factor to determine which light(s) I use.

That said, I was unable to get the Btu's from Viparspectra's "tech support=marketing sales person" the last time I purchased a light for a specific tent, so ended up buying from another company.
          It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Poppylon
            Poppylon commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't bought the 4 x 8 tent yet. I have a room in my house. i can use 5 x 8 with 9 foot ceiling. 40 sq ft. I really need to grow at least 1.5 to 2 pound per grow. is this doable growing high yield autos using LST. seed .supplier says 450 to 550 g per sq meter.per plant. I know this figure is under perfect conditions
            I really do thank everyone for input..

2 of these should cover the area for $ 400. If it was me though Id try the two expecting to need a third one.

Comment

• Poppylon
            Poppylon commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not going with the 4 x 8 x7 grow tent. I have a room I can divide of and make a grow area 5' x 9' x 9'
            I ready to order topogrow lights. should i get 2 630w , or 3 315w ?

Hey Poppy, some folks get 3-6 ozs a plant if they are heathy, maybe a little more sometimes , some plants grow big some don't, regardless what the seed banks say.
          I ain't good at figuring, say you average 4 ozs. a plant ,6 plants would get you 24 ozs., . Reckon that would be enough?
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

I think 315 W CMH fixtures are suited for 3' x 3' spaces, I'd go with 2 - 630 CMH DE. Fairly cheap, probably around $500 USD for the pair. They'll be a little overkill but I'd rather have too much spread than too little.

If you want to stick with LEDs, I would get 2 - PLC6 units from Pacific Light Concepts. They retail for $799 but I believe they are a much better µmol/$.
            Last edited by GreenDragonRon; 11-15-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

HI poppy, I use a Sun 315 lec in a 4x4x80 that I get pretty dang good results with, if I doubled the size of my tent I would trot right on down and get another.

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed.

Hey Poppy, check out Growers House 315cmh for 289.bucks ,free delivery, dimmable ballast, 3year warranty, really nice, friendly ,smart people to talk to. Whatever you decide, I wish you good luck with your lights, an I hope you grow the amount you need.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats why I suggested a different light than led for the 4x8 area you want to grow in. Leds are great for smaller grows in my opinion. Its what I use for a 3x3. But if your going larger you need a bigger footprint and the larger LEDS dont do it as well in my opinion as other options already suggested here.

Or go hardcore and do 1000 watt HPS.
                Last edited by Dutchman1; 11-16-2017, 01:50 PM.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's why I suggested the 315cmh, you want have to worry about PAR, or anything, it's so bright it will hurt your neighbors eyes.

• Jr83
                Jr83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ur better off starting small and working ur way up to a bigger garden I'm starting with my little 3x3 or so and eventually i plan on using half my basement and big aas tents with good lights bit the end it'll be ur decision what u feel will be best for u Once im more experience I'll build my perpetual harvest set up and harvest every month

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X