Nute Shelf-Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nute Shelf-Life

So with this being my first grow, I decided to run with organic soil, being that it was the most cost-effective medium at the time I started my grow. So I’m running the General Hydroponic’s General Organic Go Box, and wanna know if I have to use all my nute water in one setting, or if it’s stored in a cool, dark place, if I can go without aerating it like it says. I only use half a gallon, and yes it’s not an issue to get more water and mix it, just simply trying to build my knowledge up! Thanks in advance!
    current grow:
    Grow Tent: 48”x48”x80” 300W Roleadro (Sold by Galaxyhydro) Organic Soil w/General Hydroponic’s Organic nutes

I used the go box and asked the same question you are. I do not think mixing organic nutrients ahead of time is a good idea. I am not saying you can't, because I am not a biologist.

I decided it was worth my time to measure out the correct amounts to mix 1/2 gallon of solution.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Right on, appreciate the info!
      current grow:
      Grow Tent: 48”x48”x80” 300W Roleadro (Sold by Galaxyhydro) Organic Soil w/General Hydroponic’s Organic nutes

Comment

Most manufactures recommend mixing your nutrients before watering_ if your using commercial nutrients from bottles, and especially if they have Part A and B for instance. Most people who make their own organic "tea" make it ahead of time- kinda like a fermentation process and like you said use aerators to help things along.
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I miss my ageoldorganics before watering and either use it all or dump whats left,maybe adding air to it would keep it good for a few days just not worth the chance, I have left some for a couple of days when its a super weak solution almost plain water. the cost of ageoldorganics.com is pretty reasonable. its about 40 bucks a gallon I have seen it on Amazon but the price was way to high so I but from the manufacturer
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
            I miss my ageoldorganics before watering and either use it all or dump whats left,maybe adding air to it would keep it good for a few days just not worth the chance, I have left some for a couple of days when its a super weak solution almost plain water. the cost of ageoldorganics.com is pretty reasonable. its about 40 bucks a gallon I have seen it on Amazon but the price was way to high so I but from the manufacturer
            I remember about a week ago I forgot to dump the half gallon I had leftover and when I went to dump it, I was rewarded with a wonderful smell of garbage and ass lol definitely worth just mixing new
            current grow:

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              and that s why we make new lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X