No announcement yet.

Grand's 1st hydroponics grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update! : unfortunately we have been having a terrible time here...... 1 of the plants is deceased (play taps here), the other is on life support. I had the water line up to the bottom of the net pot, but this was keeping things too wet. So I have adjusted to 1 1/2" below net pot and attempting to dry out rockwool and clay balls. I will be buying a package of rapid rooters in a few days. Until then I'm trying again with another auto freebie from Fast Buds "Mexican Airlines". So until I have more news, hope all of you are doing well, and had a good Thanksgiving!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for your loss: I just did that to one seed kept too wet and cold; it turned to mush... So I started another one back on the old heating pad...

• abadtrip
      abadtrip commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 1 of them Mexican airlines I am growing here soon. I am sorry to here about your loss I find if the air bubbles are popping and keeping your net pot moist u are fine.

Thx guys. And yes I'm watching the water level more closely. This is however, my first time with hydro and really not too clear on what the level should be for seedlings, but I'm learnin!!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Grand, your gonna do fine, it just takes some getting used to hydro ,I know if I were you, I would be doing much worse, once you get used to it, your gonna do great.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Grand, you want the bubbles to tease down the roots, so there has to be some spray reaching the bottom of the pot, but the bottom shouldn't be constantly underwater or sprayed with lots of water.

Grand, Sorry for your loss buddy. You will likely have the same issues with the rapid rooters. They soak up lots of water. I found out the hard way. I was lucky and didn't lose any plants. So now I start my plants in soil and transfer to hydroton after a few weeks. Just rinse the roots really well and place the roots as low as possible in the net cups.

I actually got lucky again by having plant stretch. It allowed me to place the roots on the bottom of the net cups and the tops of the plants were above the tops of the net cups. I will say that the single plant in the rapid rooter is much thicker than the soil started plants. Sorry for the ramble.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X