Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand's 1st hydroponics grow!

The germination has begun.......

We will be growing "Kush Auto" from seedsman (freebie). Using GH Trio, with Hydroguard just to start. I'll get other nutes shortly. Using bubbleponics 2 × 5gal buckets with 6" mesh pot. Using 2×Viperspectra 450w LED's, inside 2×4×5 grow tent. Also have 2 fans 1 is a 2ft tower fan (occilating), and 1 is a 5" tabletop. I will have pics of tent and set-up tomorrow, sorry for the delay, but I'd like them to be clear & complete! Good night Fam!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait to see the setup!!!

Sounds perfect love the setup. I am subbed in.
    If i had 1 sugestion and it'i only because I am a cheep ass.
    If u could find 3.5 gal buckets to use for the first 3 weeks u can save yourself some water and nutes. They have the same size lid as a 5 gal so when she starts drinking u can just swap to the 5. And they love to drink my 2 wonder woman are drinking 40 liters a week right now.

It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Exciting time. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

• GRAND
        GRAND commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

I'm subbed too. I hope you have a great 1st experience.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• GRAND
        GRAND commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx Madman960! We gonna do our best!

TAA DAAHH!! The new setup! Because of my cancer, it took me the better part of the day, but we all done........jus add cherub's!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks, well, GRAND!!!! Congrats!!!

• RobM
        RobM commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! Is the white thing in the corner a fan?

Subbed now

• allmyown
        allmyown commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Grand , setup look great . You might want to consider a exhaust fan. I didn't see one in pictures . i put a 6" exhaust van with a 6" carbon filter in my 4x4x7, with a speed controller, and my grow environment has stayed great so far

Looking good!! Can't wait to see it full of plants.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• GRAND
        GRAND commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx bro! I appreciate the kind words, can't wait to show everybody! LoL.

Welcome Buddy. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I don't have much experience but will help as best I can. Don't be afraid to let your ph swing. I let mine go from 5.2-6.8. So far so good.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Ok guy's, we have our first update! so, the way I germinate is the water glass method. Simply drop seds in half glass of water (the pics show the seeds in the glass). This time around, thanks to my local hydro store, I was given a small trial size of "Orca" , a root inoculate. 4 drops to about 5oz water. After 2 days seeds cracked and started showing root , the pics below are tonight (3 1/2 days) we have 1 incredible root with tiny little branches off the main loooooong root, and the other is typical length. I took a pic of the incredi-root in the rockwool plug. Speaking of plug, the directions for orca state ok to put 1-2 drops directly on seed (which I did 3 hrs before dropping in water glass). Also states it can be used in pre-soak process. Which I did! so far am pleased with my results, also I decided with all my new upgrades to my setup and first hydroponics run, to use 2 of my seedsman freebies "Kush auto" supposedly Hindu kush but auto version from seedsman. The final pic is just placing my lil starter under 2 100w equivalent cfl's 5000k my add 1 more after cyclodon leaves come in (you know what I mean, LOL). Also will be using my heating pad as a germination pad till I get some more money . Hope everyone is doing well as well as your babies! Live long and grow, bro!!

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats and good luck on your grow!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Off to a very good start, Grand.

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a really strong start!

Once you go hydro you'll never grow in soil again.

Comment

• Madman960
          Madman960 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not true. Many hydro growers also grow in soil also because the flavor profile is different as well as a few other reasons.

Happy growing.

Madman

Thx Aloner !

Comment

Looking great Grand, I know your gonna do awesome.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Thx everyone for the positive feedback, I appreciate it very much! Everything I do, I learned here, the past few years!

Comment

Hello all! it is now 6 days of germination, and believe we have reached seedling stage!! 6 days and we have cyclodons on both and the looooong root plant is showing its first set of leaves. ...hopefully u can see them in the pics. I would also like to say I love my lil windowsill greenhouse! You can see the temp's from my heating pad, as well as the humidity, this lil thing works well for me and it was only 6$! Hope everyone is doing well, I'll update in a few days, till then I'll be floating around.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                NebulaHaze commented
                Editing a comment
                Be careful not to let them get too wet as seedlings need less humidity than clones. If you have vents, I would definitely open them up. Your seedlings look great!

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats!!

Congrats!! Won't be long now.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X