New funds available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! New funds available!

Hey guys and gals, I've recently come into a bit of money and I have $1500 to spend on an actual tent.

ATM I am using:
    1000w HPS
    1000w digital ballast, dimmable 90, 70, 60%
    8inch air cooled tube w batwing reflector
    ive built a room (5ft x 8ft) enclosed in poly.
    using a stand up a/c unit for temp and humidity control.
    extra stand up fan to keep air moving
    i have a ton of 6inch high cfm fans

my experience:
    have the last 4-6 weeks on my first grow.

my question:
    living in Canada what would be my best investment of the $1500?

I would like to reuse my 1kw bulb if possible, I love the results off a hps and the ballast I'm using can also use hid if I want.

I would also like to downsize, since doing my first veg to flower I know how soon and the size I can keep plants to get the results I want. 8x6 is just too large to move if I have to.

I will only be doing 2 maybe 3 plants at a time, anymore and i don't feel I give them enough attention. 😀

If ur only growing 2 or 3 plants I sugest growing in a shed or closet, depending on the room u have, if u dnt have a lot of room I sugest autoflowers they grow an average of 2x2x3 and they can yeild a lot the most I yeilded with 1 auto was 6oz's dry (tangerine dream auto) if u grow autos u dnt have to worry about light leaks they do not care. If it was me id find a shed or closet or extra bed room and buy mylar polly or white polly and make ur own grow room for way less cost! Then per 4x4 space use a 1000w hps (yes u can reuse bulbs for upto 3 grows) then buy some co2 bags and an amazing hid bulb for the last 2 weeks of flower is a solistek 10k mh its got the highest uvb specrum witch will drasticly increase thrics and will help bring out purple in the genetics. Also reserch nutes and additives they will help u a lot. Thats what I would spend my money on lol

Comment

If ur growing soil/ soiless look into buying some fabric pots they will make a world of difference. P.s with autos use a 7gal pot as they dnt really hold 7gallons.

Comment

Ill be growing in my own blend using SS#4

Comment

I'd probably buy a Mars Hydro tent, cheap and they use 1680D fabric. For 2 or 3 plants I would still go for their 5' x 5' x 6.5' tent which is actually 4'9" x 4'9" x 6'6". I would also suggest getting a different light, your 1000W HPS will heat up a tent pretty fast, and it'll probably save you money by not having to cool your tent. You can get a 630 W double ended CMH for ~$360 CDN delivered which should cover your whole tent during flower. So that's about $600, you'll have plenty of money left to buy great genetics and maybe even set up a veg tent.

Comment

hey Euro here a thought for you I purchased a Argo MAx tent from HTGsupply.com 55x98x79 inches then I split in two using flexible insulation from HD or Lowes and duct tape I used two layers so no light leaks, any ways by having the two rooms you can do veg on one side and bloom on the other so when one bloom is done you have another ready to go in. the tent itself was $250 so you will have lote left over for other stuff
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X