ONA gel in garage grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONA gel in garage grow

I'm currently growing my first grow in a 2 x 4 x 6 tent in my one car garage, and about to switch to flowering. I'm also about to order my scrubber and exhaust, as I'm piecing everything together as I grow. I would like to supplement that scrubber with ONA to be on the safe side, as my wife is very paranoid about the smell leaking through the garage door. I know not to keep ONA inside my grow tent or where it was share the same air. I'm wondering if I can keep it on the opposite side of the garage as my grow tent. The tent is in the back of the garage, and I would put the ONA near my garage door to help with any leaks, especially for times when the tent is open. It would probably be about 17' +- from my tent. The garage door has some damage that creates some small gaps so I assume there would be some airflow. We also park in the garage so it usually gets opened a couple times per day. I don't want anything affecting my crops, but would definitely like some supplemental smell help. What do you all think?

That would be still too close for comfort for me.

Comment

That ona, works but the kind I got smells just like where the whole city took a piss, and never cleaned it up, but it will sure cover up weed smells if you can stand it. Maybe you could just use those plug-ins, that's what we ended up doing. I know you don't want to smoke any that's been close to ona,gel
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

What kind of plugin you taking about? Like a Glade scented something or an odor neutralizing plugin? I was thinking of perhaps using ona gel for in the house but not if it smells like piss or stinks at all for that matter. Is that typical it did you just get a bad brand or something?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          The kind I got was OnaGel pro, 30 ozs, it smells exactly like a men's urinal, Im not kidding either, its strong stuff.
          All you need are those plug-ins like glade, we've also got scented oil lamps that work fine. We did all this before I got a 6 inch exaust fan an carbon scrubber.
          I don't think it was a bad batch, the OnaGel just have a unique smell about them, they would cover the smell of a 3 week old dead hog, but you might want to smell the hog instead of the onagel, they got different flavors but I haven't tried them. When you get your carbon scrubber hooked up you'll be fine, they work without any smell . Good Luck with it Capn.
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-08-2017, 05:57 PM.

Capn13 I personally think you would be better off to install your exhaust to outside and just run it until your filter comes in ,unless you were planing on just scrubbing the air and returning it to your garage. Still I would run a line outside. I put in a 6 inch dryer vent( I bought at lowes but it was over near the stove stuff) sticks out your wall/window and points to the ground it has a flap on it so you dont have to worry about air blowing back in, I still use a carbon filter and when it starts to smell like a skunk I change the filter. I also had a friend who ran his exhaust back into his spare room and he came home one day to a skunky house. I have also used the ona near my veg tent but it didn't cover the smell completely if you knew what growing pot smelled like you would know I was growing . the wonderful thing about this forum is that most everyone will tell you what happened to them or how they did something not to many people will say dont do that , dont be shy about asking questions but your best route would be to do alot of reading , with the height of your tent you will probably have height issues before your next grow read the tutoral on manifolding ,I am currently doing a grow that is half and half but the ones I manifolded have a ton of kola sites and are only about 10 inches above the pot. if you would like a look at them check out my new grow room tomorrow I just did a big defole 3rd week of bloom, so now you could see what im talking about. you are going to love this ride lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Oh yeah it's already bushing out. Done tons of research. I topped her (hopefully a her) and have been tying down the big branches so the inner ones grow out too. She's looking great, already wider than tall. I'll throw up some pictures when the lights come back on tonight. My exhaust and carbon filter are yet to come in, I'm ordering them next week. Smell is minor now but in a few weeks... But I'll be ready. I was looking at ona for supplementing the filter/exhaust. I wasn't planning to run a line outside, just exhaust back into the garage. Should I look into running it outside? How hard would it be?

Comment

you either have to drill a hole in your outside wall or though a window not that hard , try exhausting it in the garage see how it goes if your smell free then your all set good luck
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

As promised some pictures. She'll flower alone but there are 2 clones and 2 seedlings (white widow and jack herer) behind her.

Comment

I tried ona gel and liquid before I had a carbon filter, and with no filter the ona didn't even come close to controlling the odor. When I got the carbon filter there was zero odor and didn't need the ona.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
                  That ona, works but the kind I got smells just like where the whole city took a piss, and never cleaned it up, but it will sure cover up weed smells if you can stand it. Maybe you could just use those plug-ins, that's what we ended up doing. I know you don't want to smoke any that's been close to ona,gel
                  "That ona, works but the kind I got smells just like where the whole city took a piss, and never cleaned it up" My wife would love this stuff NOT

Comment

New service in town

Comment

• Joker
                      Joker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol love that😂

Omg I just saw that video yesterday lmao

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X