About to flip to flower, a few concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to flip to flower, a few concerns

So I'm about to make the switch to 12/12 (PH issue seems to be under control), but I need to get a handle on something else first.

My grow tent is probably smaller than ideal--thanks to my being a dummy and not starting LST when I should have I can probably only have one plant in at a time--but hopefully I can deal with that (I plan to set up a scrog net for the bigger plant; the clone I'll leave as-is). Due to space constraints, the tent is stuffed in a corner of the front hall between a chest of drawers and a hall tree. I can access the tent, but sometimes I have to move some stuff out of the way. The wall outlet is behind the chest; currently I have a wall wart (soon to be replaced with a timer) with both lamps, and the second wall plug is taken up by a single fan which is ziptied near the top of the tent inside.

RH in the tent with both lights on (I may not need both for only one plant) is ~50% with a small dehumidifier (room as a whole is somewhere in the 30s)...I do have some air movement inside the tent but the problem is no active flow which is what I'm worried about. Any ideas? I used to have a Vornado room fan blowing in through one of the mesh windows, but even indirectly that's too strong. Would another small fan from the outside suffice?

My lights are some oddball 24W (wall draw) LEDs I got off Amazon. Tempted to upgrade to a ViparSpectra panel now that I actually know what I'm doing (the clamp fixtures bug me for some reason), but funds are still a problem for now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3653.JPG Views:	1 Size:	200.0 KB ID:	143185Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3654.JPG Views:	1 Size:	245.1 KB ID:	143186Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3649.JPG Views:	1 Size:	158.6 KB ID:	143187
    Last edited by WeirdWiredWolf; 11-07-2017, 07:43 PM.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

You need air movement for sure, any room for a vent to the outside? Your plant looks a little - distressed - either too hot for her with no air movement or she is being drowned.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      True True. I was thinking the same

Is there a way to rig a fan to pull the air out, instead of pushing it in. I also agree, plant looks droopy and the leaves are curling up, I would guess heat stress??!?

Comment

I have a similar size tent and I had a similar issue for airflow around the plants I found this nice little fan at Target for like $10 it's nice and easy and seems to be working just fine. My new exhaust fan will be here tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that now since I upgraded to a 315 LEC
      1.5x3x5 virtual sun grow tent
      Oppolite 315 LEC
      4" 190 cft. Exhaust with carbon filter.
      1 candy kush express using general hydroponics and botanicare
      1 candy kush express using advanced nutriants iguana line.

Both will be using hydrogaurd and botanicare sweet.

Comment

If you think your going to continue to grow why not get yourself a 4" exhaust fan and 4" carbon scrubber, you should have a vent in your tent at bottom left, right and rear. Hang the filter and fan from the ceiling , position the scrubber opposite the side vent you plan to use for fresh air and the exhaust fan will pull air from the vent across your plant and if you can like Canuck147 suggested vent it outside. A decent fan, filter and 4" dryer hose from Amazon will set you back about $100-$120 .....might be worth the money to save that plant cause she doesn't look good.

Comment

true true true everything said above I would like to add that I would switch to a led light or even one of those 315 lec I've heard good things about them ,I dont know the price of the 315 lec but I bought a 300watt from lightmetal on amazon for 70 bucks,you do know your yield is directly related to how much light you are giving them those small leds might work for veg but I think you need something stronger if you want any decent kola's good luck how ever you go
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Boco2017
            Boco2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got my 315 LEC from Amazon fully ready to go for $190 including shipping.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            very nice I think you will be happy good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X