Bulb position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulb position

Something my OCD won't let go of. I don't want to overtighten, nor do I want to untighten or loosen a bulb in its socket. BUT, does it make a difference which direction the do to speak elements in the bulb are facing. Does it affect the reflectivity of your light fixture? Should the elements be facing up, down, left or right? Thank you all. Hmmmm
    5.5x8.5x7. 600w mh/hps. 440fan/carbon filter.
    FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.
    Four Green Crack fem. 7 gallon fiber pots.
    1 PKAF. 1 BCF. In 3 gallon fiber pots.
    Sowed 3-27-17. 12/12 light 5-7-17.
    Harvest PKAF 5-30-17 @ 43 grams
    Harvest one of four GC 7-9-17. Weight at time unknown. Will follow.

Evening Garcon, I don't really get your question, I probably got OCD worse than you do, whatever it is.
    I ain't never paid attention to which way it was, I just tighten the bulb up.
    Hope that helps some. Good Luck with it.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I’m sure the light would be weaker on the shadow side of any elements used to construct the bulb but the difference from even a couple inches away wouldn’t be measurable. Don’t worry about it, straighten out the soup cans in the pantry 🤣😂
      Setup
      4’x4’x6.6’
      600W MH
      2x innova 19w full spec led
      175cfm fan, can 33 filter
      8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

The sides of the bulbs are brighten than the end of the bulb but that being said it depends if ur trying to cover a 3x3 space or 5x5 spaceing. If ur covering a 3x3 then u want ur bulb sideways if ur covering. A 5x5 or larger then u want ur bulb up and down. But honestly it doesnt make any real difference. On a meter the lux is a bit difference but in the real word it doesnt matter I have done both and seen no difference. Also u want ur bulb hand tight just dnt apply a lot of pressure to break ur bulb. U do not want ur bulb loose in the socket.

Comment

tyler up and down??? Garcon I think what your asking is if there is printing on the bulb does it make a difference if the printing is down, I dont think it does ,it might give you a few less lux on that side but that wont be a problem you should get a light meter if you are going to use hps plants can not use over 85,000 lux ,and if your light is to close it will burn the crap out of your girls. hope that helps
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

No. It won't effect anything. The only thing I have found is if the bulb is vertical or horizontal. A vertical bulb works with a deep shade, however a horizontal will require a shallower shade and (depending on your space) some cooling

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X