• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why black plastic on the walls?

Comment

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to make it a bit water tight. allows me to mist to keep hum up without it soaking into the cabinet.

• tyler_ hobbyist
      tyler_ hobbyist commented
      Editing a comment
      White plastic helps reflect the light a lot better!

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't have any at the time. Will prob change eventually. Or up to a 4x4 tent

Morning Querteronion, your plants are looking great. As for soil KindSoil works great, and for your light height, being its your first grow, I believe I would go by what the manufacturer says, or read what Nebula says about Led light distances from your plant , also read what she says about using co2.
    Your doing great for your first grow and all and we want to see you get thru your first grow without all the headaches, it's hard enough as it is for a first grow to make it all the way to harvesting nice buds.
    After you get more experience, then you might want to try other ways.Read what Nebula says about Led heights and adding co2.
    Adding silica or kelp helps tremendously with heat problems, they help lots of other things too.
    I'm not knocking what Tyler says about his light heights and co2 ,it works for him, but I bet not many people grow their plants with their lights that low, anyway just trying to help you get to harvest, Good Luck.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
      Morning Querteronion, your plants are looking great. As for soil KindSoil works great, and for your light height, being its your first grow, I believe I would go by what the manufacturer says, or read what Nebula says about Led light distances from your plant , also read what she says about using co2.
      Your doing great for your first grow and all and we want to see you get thru your first grow without all the headaches, it's hard enough as it is for a first grow to make it all the way to harvesting nice buds.
      After you get more experience, then you might want to try other ways.Read what Nebula says about Led heights and adding co2.
      Adding silica or kelp helps tremendously with heat problems, they help lots of other things too.
      I'm not knocking what Tyler says about his light heights and co2 ,it works for him, but I bet not many people grow their plants with their lights that low, anyway just trying to help you get to harvest, Good Luck.
      My plants seem to be having mixed results from the lowered light. The two bigger plants, who were stated with just a desk lamp seem to be stressed a bit, but seem to be adapting. Thinking it might have just been a drastic change a bit too quick. As of there 25 daysbeing alive, they have only been under the led for the last 7. But, Im not too concerned with them. They are just a side project have tones of seeds. The two seedlings, the white widow autos I payed for seem to just be loving it tho. But they have been under the led since day one. One doubles in size and height almost daily. The other is a bit slower, but still going strong. I did raise the light a bit tho for the sake of the other two. Humidity seems to be he big issue, with the cold. The house heaters are drying up the air soooo much. Humidity sometimes in the 20's in the tent. So a humidifier is something i definitely need asap. As well, I am still tuning in my watering habits. I have a tendency to over water out of paranoia hahahah.

Comment

6/11/2017; Added 3 large cans of water to the grow box to help keep humidity up. Seems to be holding solid at around 40-50% Temp holding at about 80-95 at the highest. The 2 big plants seem to be doing a bit better this morning, and the 2 white widow seedlings are still going strong. I switched the lights to 24/0 as i will be mostly focused on autoflowering seeds until I get further set up and more lighting.

Comment

6/11/2017: Severely under estimated the size of the smart pots i ordered lol. Looks like were only fitting 2 in the cabinet. Now.What to do with the other 2?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by qwertyonion; 11-06-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• qwertyonion
            qwertyonion commented
            Editing a comment
            Just may have to order a second light and a tent come payday

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            As they all say, cannabis isn't addictive, but growing it is!!!

• qwertyonion
            qwertyonion commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely hahaha

Quick update on the grow, white widow is at the 30 day mark, been keeping it real nice and low. So im seeing lots of growth that will turn to nice buds. One plant is much larger than the other, but they both seem to be doing well. Been going really light on the ferts, and im going to stark giving her some bloom nutes, then soon some molasses.

I topped the 2 mystery seeds and made them kinda into a T shape, kinda just letting them do there thing while waiting on the white widow auto. Post more later.

Been super busy with the new addition to the family Zola my new Pyrenean Mastiff X Akbash Puppy but ill try to post more as the plants mature.

Comment

Been ages it seems since my last post. Bey here is an update on the 2 white widow auto flowers! Both going strong and only a few weeks out!
            Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Lookin good, qwerty!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Coming right along, nice Qwertyonion

• qwertyonion
              qwertyonion commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks guys!

Let's get some bud shots

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X