• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First grow

First ever indoor grow

Plants
    2x Mystery seed
    2x White Widow Auto flower (Crop King Seeds)

Light
    MarsHydro 300w (20-4 Light Schedule)
    60w incandescent (for heat when needed)

Nutes and chems
    Fox Farm Trio
    Sledgehammer Boomerang
    Ph up/down (pending delivery)

Eqipment
    Ph tester (pending delivery)
    7 Gallon smart pots (pending delivery)
    Digital Timer
    Therm w hum meter

Notes: 3/11/2017 Had a heat spike to 95 degrees, caused some heat stress on the two larger mystery seed plants, but was corrected before further damage was done. Propping the door open keeps the temp about 80. Still having issues with humidity. But stays about 35. Will look into a humidifier asap. Not sure what else to add to this so thats it for now!
    Last edited by qwertyonion; 11-04-2017, 12:05 AM.

Hey qwerty, your plants look awesome! Very nice setup.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Good morning Qwerty your set up looks good and the plants look healthy my only suggestion is to get a smaller fan , our girls love a breeze but hate tornadoes lol, I'm saying this cause I used some box fans on low and the plants closest to them all suffered wind damage, in your room I would either move that fan back ,put it on a speed controller or install a couple of those 6" clip on fans . I am currently trying two 16 oscillating fans in my grow room still have two 6 " in it as well good luck your going to love it
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Looking awesome! If u wanna help prevent heat/light stress get a exhale co2 bag iv had temps reach 110 and the co2 saved my plant lol

Comment

Welcome qwertyonion, your plant have a great start and look good, be ready to transplant when your pots get there.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
            Hey qwerty, your plants look awesome! Very nice setup.
            Thanks!

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
            Good morning Qwerty your set up looks good and the plants look healthy my only suggestion is to get a smaller fan , our girls love a breeze but hate tornadoes lol, I'm saying this cause I used some box fans on low and the plants closest to them all suffered wind damage, in your room I would either move that fan back ,put it on a speed controller or install a couple of those 6" clip on fans . I am currently trying two 16 oscillating fans in my grow room still have two 6 " in it as well good luck your going to love it
            Definitely something I'll be doing, in the mean time, I have the fan on the lowest setting blowing directly at the wall of the box. This seems to keep the wind down to a gentle sway. Ill be getting 6' clip ons asap. That fan is overkill and takes up waaaay to much real estate

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
            Looking awesome! If u wanna help prevent heat/light stress get a exhale co2 bag iv had temps reach 110 and the co2 saved my plant lol
            Another option I have been looking at, but being in a small town, up here in Canuckistan. Makes it hard to find things normally available.

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
            Welcome qwertyonion, your plant have a great start and look good, be ready to transplant when your pots get there.
            For sure, I'm on the scramble to find nice soil. Al the local places seem to have is miracle grow! The 7 gallon smart pots will be here Tuesday. And I think the could use to grow just a bit longer before re pot. Next time I will definitely be starting them in smaller pots. Had a bit of a big pot little plant issue. But Ive been watering less to counter vent this.

Comment

As far as co2 if u dnt have acsess to much 250ml water 1cup white sugar and 1tbsp of any kind of yeast will give u 500ppm for a 2x2x6 for 1 week and just refill each week

Comment

• qwertyonion
                qwertyonion commented
                Editing a comment
                Was thinking about this, used the same method for c02 for aquarium plants lol

Hey for every 50watts keep ur light 1inch away by the way thats what I usualy do and its perfect for leds

Comment

• Madman960
                Madman960 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tyler, is that wall Watts or rated Watts for LED lights?

Madman

• tyler_ hobbyist
                tyler_ hobbyist commented
                Editing a comment
                Its the true watts the unit actualy pulls so for an example my bestva led says 1000watts but it actualy draws 200watts so I keep the light 4-5inchs away from my plant. For this method to hold true make sure u have enough co2, 800ppm is usualy bang on for this light distance.

• Madman960
                Madman960 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks buddy.

Madman

I do the same thing with hids as well lol my 200w led is 4-5inchs away from my plants and does amazing! This is week 4 of flower

Comment

Hey for every 50watts keep ur light 1inch away by the way thats what I usualy do and its perfect for leds

I do the same thing with hids as well lol my 200w led is 4-5inchs away from my plants and does amazing! This is week 4 of flower
                So your saying to lower the lights? Currently they are 22" above, recommended 24" in the manual. And would that be actual power draw or equivalent? 3" (150w aprox actual) 6" (300w equivalent) seems quite close. But I am new to this soooo...

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                  tyler_ hobbyist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some people will say its to close but from personal exsperience yes a 150w should be 3inchs away and thats actual draw. If u notice any stress move em up a couple more inchs but even if u add a lil bit of co2 there fine. P.s co2 is easy and helps growth of about 25percent! Exhale co2 bags are the cheapest/easyiest but I use co2 tanks because I can controll a biger enviroment better. But I also have a couple bags as well

Make sure you stay away from any Miracle Grow product line. You have everything except for Cal Mag for a Coco Coir grow if you have a local Nursery should be able to find Coco Loco, Fox Farm, or Happy Frog soil there. Some places like Amazon ship real fast
                You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
                  Make sure you stay away from any Miracle Grow product line. You have everything except for Cal Mag for a Coco Coir grow if you have a local Nursery should be able to find Coco Loco, Fox Farm, or Happy Frog soil there. Some places like Amazon ship real fast
                  Have to amazon almost everything, small town and I cant get fox farm soil at all. Some issue with it crossing the boarder I believe. I will definitely not be using miracle grow anything. Resorted to my raised bed gardens for soil to start them in while I seek better. Seems to be doing quite well. Was thinking a coco grow, but for the first few I think ill just do soil. Was debating moving to a bubbleponic set up. Still doing homework tho. This is all a learning process.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is a learning process, a very fun relaxing one for me. Good luck on your search.

Promix hp works awesome and its cheap

Comment

I have a 1200w hps thats 10inchs from a plant without light stress because of co2

Comment

4/11/2017: Lowering lights to 6" above plants. Will monitor for stress, especially in the 2 seedlings. If things look well, will lower further. Added bottle of sugar water and yeast for c02
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by qwertyonion; 11-04-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X