Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defolage and humble brag ;)

Hi

as you know first grow.. ive not done any training at all.. ive defoled a shit load but wanting to know how much more i can take off. A lot of the higher ones are hard to nip off close to the stem

also is it worth tying any of them down at this stage. All the main colas gey good light though mihht be a little lacking down the bottom (as usual)

im 3.5 weeks in... over half way

the last pic below was september 11... she got worse than that before she recovered. Im really proud of how she has recovered. Wont be a big crop but should tie my through while the next crop is going

this is a high thc (21%) low cbd (.1%)... what should i be looking for. I dont have a loop so phone is only option atm (loop on order but will take 2-4 weeks.... thays aussie for you) amber or cloudy? I smoke coz i enjoy it.. also stuffed back

400w hps
    coco .. 70/30 perlite
    nutrafield coco a/b and go green (calmag)
    8L fabric pot (i know should have gone bigger)
    1mx1mx2m tent
    grofan 150 (500 L/h) extraction
    bubbas gift grown from clone taken late flower
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Hey RobM, which ones you talking about them big-uns.
    if it is I don't know about tying em down, but if they were mine, I would just try to keep them buds from touching them other buds the best i could, They are mighty pretty.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-02-2017, 07:48 PM.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you man, you hear both sides about taking those leaves, some stop defoliating when they start making buds, some take em off 2 or 3 weeks after they start budding, some take em off damn near all the way to harvest. Kinda wild ain't it. Your doing a great job, you got some big pretty bud coming your way, not to many weeks from now.

Cheers. Yeah ive taken all the bigger fan leaves off but was unsure how much firther i can safley go dont wana stuff it up now lol
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      RobM Look for this app for your phone: SuperVision+. I've got it on my iphone and it will give you a good closeup--not as good as a loupe, but it'll work in a pinch. If you don't have iphone, look for a similar app.

Plants look great!!!

Like DASS says. He knows. Don't tie down.
    But defoliate more on the inside, cuz they will get bigger. Doing that will lessen your chance of getting bud rot (mold), cuz if they are touching each other, or your tent........
    I can say that from experience, the buds get soooooo wet it's incredible. I have the same size tent.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
      Hi

this is a high thc (21%) low cbd (.1%)... what should i be looking for. I dont have a loop so phone is only option atm (loop on order but will take 2-4 weeks.... thays aussie for you) amber or cloudy? I smoke coz i enjoy it.. also stuffed back
      From what you posted, you want alot of milky, so when you start seeing some amber (approx. 10% or less amber), you should be ok.

Edit: After taking a second look at that first pic, are you leaving those sitting in the run off water?

Comment

• RobM
        RobM commented
        Editing a comment
        Na i had just watered and had not drained out the runoff. I feed that to one of my trees (with extra water)

Cool about the colours. Ive only got my phone to look at them. Atm i think they are translucent still or white. Im waiting on a loop atm. Amazon will be in oz soon. No more waiting weeks

• BillyKidd
        BillyKidd commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! Loops are fantastic! Good luck!

I think your buds look like they're developing nicely, though I'd guess you still have at least a month to go as all the buds are still puff balls of white pistils. As you get closer to harvest the white hairs will darken and curl in. The good news is the buds look like they are going to get a lot bigger.

As far as defoliation, there's a million ways to do it. I personally avoid a whole lot of defoliation outside after the first month or so of flowering, though lots of growers defoliate until harvest. I highly encourage you to experiment and see what works best for you in your setup. Cannabis plants are surprisingly rugged as long as you prevent nutrient deficiencies and provide a good environment. At the very least you want to make sure all the buds get exposed to direct light. Overall it looks like you're doing great.

Comment

• RobM
        RobM commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks sweet. When i first grew yeara back i never did ant training or anything at all and ended up with a mess lol. Tring to do better this time haha

Those buds are about 21 days. Its a 45 day flower on this strain but it will be ready when its ready ive missed this i forgothow much fun this is
        Last edited by RobM; 11-03-2017, 05:05 PM.

Nice lookin plant RobM nice job
      Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

Some pics last night... loupe still not here. Shoukd have ordered from amazon. I can get a package from the other side of the world faster than one from east australia to west :/
        Current grow

4x bubbas gift
        4gal fabric pots..

Comment

I jusy dont know how close etc. About 10-15% amber atm. Its not ment to be a sleepy strain so unsure when to start the flush and for how long (about to check gwe for flush durations)

edit: and after a good read i realise she still has some time to go
          Last edited by RobM; 11-17-2017, 04:27 AM.
          Current grow

4x bubbas gift
          4gal fabric pots..

Comment

hey Rob is that the plant with the yellow leafs? if it is did you ever figure out what caused it looking good now .that's amazing good job
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Na i lost her the roots just stopped expanding this little girl had a hard start.. had a massive root system from a cloner and didnt take transplant into coco well. Got stunted for about a month but she did well

alltatup ill go get that now as its awake time now
              Current grow

4x bubbas gift
              4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Morning RobM, I can't see any amber in your pictures, but you can see them better than I can, but I do still see lots of white pistils. Which makes me think you still got a little while left for your buds to swell up even larger.
                But they are very pretty.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X