Greenhouse to Outdoor Grow Journal for 2017/18 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenhouse to Outdoor Grow Journal for 2017/18 Season

Hi everyone ... thought I would share this seasons organic outdoor grow as most grow journals here focus on indoor ... variety is spicy.

This years seeds came from Sensible Seeds ... shout out to those guys, great stealth packaging arrived in quick time from the UK to a man behind the Green Curtain in the Kingdom of Oz.

Strains are:
    Sensible Seeds Premium Selection CBD Apocalypse Feminized
    Sensible Seeds Premium Selection Power Plant Primo (freebie)
    Sensible Seeds Premium OG Kush (freebie)
    Dinafem Seeds Original Amnesia Feminized
    Got a couple of Auto strains from them too however they be the subject of another thread.

There are two strains that are not from Sensible Seeds, first is a Northern Lights x Panama from last years grow ... NL was a clone, Panama was from regular seeds I had. One of the Panama that was next to the NL ended up with a few bananas ... didn't get to it in time and the NL threw 5 seeds.
    The other is a strain given to me by a friend ... was told it was a large sativa. Today brought a surprise that it's not what it seems ... will go into that next post.

These are all grown for medicinal properties ... for myself as I have intractable epilepsy ... cannabis does a far better job of making epilepsy bearable than being on a solid diet of shitty pharma drugs that are even less effective than cannabis. Plus I also help out quite a few other people with a range of illness and ailment ... but I digress.

Started these seeds in a cup of warm filtered rainwater with an extreme dilution of Organic Amino and Ryzo. When split with a decent tail they were put into some seedling mix (Sept 23) on a heat pad under lights at 14/10, that being about the hours of daylight when the seedlings would be put in the greenhouse.
    Lights weren't actually my chosen method to germ these but as the long range weather forecast after the solstice was looking antarctic with cats and dogs it just had to be.
    The greenhouse arrived a few days late too so the seedlings spent a little more time than wanted under lights ... can't rule the weather or the postman!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171004_160751.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.89 MB ID:	140049

Once I got that little green tunnel of fuzzy feelings and warm love built the seedling were transplanted (Oct 05) into my homemade 4 litre smart pots with Canna Terra Professional and a little Canna Clay Balls mixed in.

My smart pot handywork ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171005_114521.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.67 MB ID:	140050

What they look like on Oct 14, nine days after being welcomed to the outside world.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171014_110035.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.23 MB ID:	140051

Oct 19, let the LST begin ... get em early while still supple at the root of the stem. Used bamboo skewers for this first step of LST ... sticks facing south to allow most available sun to get in and create more vigorous lower branching.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171019_114015.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.29 MB ID:	140052Click image for larger version  Name:	20171019_115744.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.87 MB ID:	140053

Look what I found on Oct 28... go for one weeks holiday and seems these little beauties have been very happy campers ... will have to cut some new, longer stakes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171028_104625.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.74 MB ID:	140054

Next post will be looking at each strain from pics taken on Oct 28
    Last edited by trippergreenfeet; 10-28-2017, 07:03 PM.

Morning trip, what an excellent project you have going on, everything looks great, can't wait to watch the rest of your grow. Good Luck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Beautiful arrangement & eager to see your next images! May I ask what company made your cozy hoop house?
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

These pics are from today, Oct 28.

You will notice a few damaged leaves throughout the plants, this is from earwigs. A few whitish spots too, that's from white oil.

Will start with Dinafem Seeds Original Amnesia Feminized. This one has been a bit slower than the others to get going however I've grown this one before, once it gets to five or six nodes it comes on strong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171028_104942.jpg
Views:	1160
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	141036

Sensible Seeds Premium Selection CBD Apocalypse Feminized

Name:	20171028_104932.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	141037

Name:	20171028_104936.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	141038

Sensible Seeds Premium OG Kush

Name:	20171028_104914.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	141039

Name:	20171028_104922.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	141040

Sensible Seeds Premium Selection Power Plant Primo

Name:	20171028_105005.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	141041

Name:	20171028_104956.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	141042

Name:	20171028_104903.jpg
Views:	934
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	141043

Name:	20171028_105135.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	141044

Northern Lights x Panama ... far left plant is one week younger than the other two.

Name:	20171028_104810.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	141045

Check the branching on the back, far right plant ... LST at work.

Name:	20171028_105012.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	141046

The so called Big Sativa ... turns out it is an Auto of some description ... got given the wrong seeds. Noticed today that BS#1 had grown balls and BS#2 has first show of hairs.
        BS#4 is one week younger than 1, 2 and 3.

Name:	20171028_104833.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	141047

Name:	20171028_104843.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	141048

Name:	20171028_105012.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	141049

The offending culprits on BS #1.

Name:	20171028_105250.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	141050
        Last edited by trippergreenfeet; 10-31-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tika View Post
          Beautiful arrangement & eager to see your next images! May I ask what company made your cozy hoop house?

Sorry I can't ... I bought it second hand NIB and the manufacturer sticker was not on the box. Dimensions are 2x2x4.
          You'll notice the plastic is pulled a bit tight on the lateral bars on the walls ... I got that bit wrong and put them on the wrong side of the uprights (I blame chinglish instuctions haha) however have now put them inside and the plastic fits perfect.

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks...it is very very cool.

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
          Morning trip, what an excellent project you have going on, everything looks great, can't wait to watch the rest of your grow. Good Luck
          I love a good project ... and I'm always up for a bit of civil disobedience.

Comment

Very cool - and what part of the world is it summer for you?
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• trippergreenfeet
              trippergreenfeet commented
              Editing a comment
              southern hemisphere ... in the Kingdom of Oz.

Re-staked the plants with home made untreated pine stakes. Started out as 2x4, then cut down to ~10mm square on a table saw and sharpened on the belt sander.

Name:	20171029_090836.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	5.16 MB
ID:	140188

Got a few stakes left over.

Name:	20171029_090856.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	4.08 MB
ID:	140189

Now for the so called Big Sativa ... here is #2 with the first hairs breaking through. I was suss on this variety anyway before any balls or hairs showed as the leaves had some width to them which was indicating that there was some Indica in the mix somewhere.

Name:	20171029_090951.jpg
Views:	918
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	140190

Comment

Thought I'd show how nicely the greenhouse has been to my tomatoes too ... put them out in the shade house this morning ... will let them acclimatise for a couple of days before going in the ground.

Oct 05 ... there's a Capsicum in there too. All heirloom varieties. I passed a few onto others so what you see in this tray is more than the next couple of pics ... that's some Violet seedlings in the bottom tray.

Name:	20171005_114451.jpg
Views:	1129
Size:	4.36 MB
ID:	140195

Oct 19.

Name:	20171019_115827.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	4.74 MB
ID:	140196

Oct 28.

Name:	20171028_104631.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	4.77 MB
ID:	140197

Comment

Sweet....so Sweet. Found your greenhouse I think..rigging my own..will post when it’s up
                best wishes to you
                Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                photoperiod feminized seeds
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

hey tripper good morning I like the green house how big is it you gave dimensions of 2x2x4 is that meters or feet and how many plants does it hold. I was in a place once that all the trees looked like your stakes lol I dont think the wind ever stopped looking good but outside grows are over here, I am in a legal state and I grow outside every year usually I do gorilla grows in the woods but after the dismal yield this year if I can grow in my yard I'm going to
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• trippergreenfeet
                    Editing a comment
                    how are ya oldjarhead ... the dimensions are in metres.
                    If the pots were all of the four litre size it would easily hold 90 ... that's 24 in the cart as it is.
                    Mature, probably no more than four if they were big producers, ten to twenty in the smaller range.
                    Not far from me is a patch of coast where the trees have the same lean as the stakes ... the prevailing winds just hammer them non stop.

thats just cool to see if your not expecting it make you say WTF lol I will have to look around that looks well built , My wife bought one and it was the cheapest piece of crap I've ever seen it didn't survive the set up lol
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• trippergreenfeet
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll have to take a photo of the leaning trees next time I pass by for ya, a real quirk of nature.

I must admit when I pulled it out of the box I had a WTF moment on the quality ... then it says 2/3 people for construction but as I was itching to get the seedlings in I decided I was gonna do it myself and being the independent kid that I've always been lol ... I did it without destroying the whole thing.

It also said to bury the bottom in a trench but the ground is so bloody hard this time of year there was no way I was gonna break my back even trying to dig a shallow trench ... the soil is this dirty black clay that turns rock hard in summer with 1" cracks and turns to sticky muck in winter that lets you grow 1" in height if you walk on it long enough.

Really happy I had that stash of blocks laying around from an old garden bed to weigh it down ... already put it to the test with 45 knot winds ... didn't move an inch.

Anyone having trouble seeing the photo's from post #4 ... I can't see them myself.

Comment

• trippergreenfeet
                    Editing a comment
                    alrighty ... photos seem to be in place now, see how it goes.

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the last photos that I can see are from the 18th

• trippergreenfeet
                    Editing a comment
                    as long as post #4 photos are showing we're all good, if not I'll come back and play another day.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X