Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal to have New growth from where cotyledons were?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal to have New growth from where cotyledons were?

I noticed where I trimmed cotyledons there is new tiny leaves starting. Is that common?
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

In my opinion - you should have left them on until they fell off - sorta like the quarterback for the plant.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Same thing happened to mine, I just plucked em back off.
      Canuck147 can you elaborate on that???? Now you have me interested im ready to learn 👍🏻
      3rd Grow
      Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
      Tent- 4x4x6.5
      Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
      Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
      Pots- 3gal fabric
      Nutrients- None

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm no expert - check out any read by Ed Rosenthal - or read up on it on GWE.

The cotyledons are there to feed the seedling while growing root/leaves ect. but if you are supplying nutes then they are not necessary. I leave mine on anyways until I trim them the first time, You will get new growth around where you trim them its normal and you should keep trimming them
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I did some major damage to 1 of my wonder woman I broke 1 arm off the manifold. the hole side while training I was so gutted. But she did produce another shoot from the cordial leaf. I felt like it was just a place where she can repear herself after an atack. I only had 1 shoot coming from the broken side. I did cut it off.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I trimmed these after there were already 5 nodes and the started to go yellow. I just didn’t expect new growth as this is not really considered a “real node”
          Setup
          4’x4’x6.6’
          600W MH
          2x innova 19w full spec led
          175cfm fan, can 33 filter
          8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

I have seen this before too! I always find it really cute when a plant grows leaves in new or unexpected places I feel like they try to make extra leaves partly in response to all the defoliation and training we do.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X