Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding LED lights

So right now I am growing in a 4x4x6.5 tent with a 600w mh/hps

I want to add more light, looking into LEDs but don't know what would be a good size or brand or anything for my size tent.

Any suggestions???????
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Howdy Kpenn I use a galaxy hydro 300 along side a 1000hps. Seems to grow. I'm in their process of replacing it all with Cobb leds.

Comment

I have a CRXSUNNY 1500 watt LED, $140 on Amazon. Footprint of 4 ft x 5.5 ft according to specs. My tomatoes love it so far. ( from seeds ) Not quite 3 weeks old. I only have one in DWC. Root pics 24 hours apart. I moved the tomato into a net pot lids for a 5 gallon bucket. Didn't want to take a chance and get them Roots entangled in the 2 inch cups.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

hey kpen I have 100w led light bars attached to wall beside plants with a 1000hps above them(you can check out pics in Newgrowroom )I also have two kind micro lights attached to my hps
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Morning Kpenn, you already have a great light in the 600hps, but if I wanted some LEDs it would definitely get a couple of the New Cobs, like mcubed476 has got, they are definitely the way to go in my book, my 2cents. Later.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Just looked up that kind led light bar @ojh the reviews are great and I love that it's an actual light bar, I feel like that would make it easier to manipulate them inside the tent along side the hps light.

D.A.A.S.69 And ive heard a ton about the cobs, it sounds like that's kinda the new thing.

I agree the 600w hps is a good set up, I was thinking I could either add the additional LEDs to that tent, or use my smaller 3x3x5 tent and grow some autos in there.

When talking yields using LEDs, still general rule of thumb of .5g- 1g per watt???

crxsunny has good reviews and is very well priced. Also macro or micro??? This led stuff is a whole new world 🌎
            3rd Grow
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know about LED yields, but about 3 months ago on here, I grew a Northern Lights auto that I got over 6 ozs of dry, dense, hard, sticky bud. I think that she was a freak on steroids though. All I used on that grow was a 300watt led, 145watts actual watts an 5or6 cfls.

That's exactly what I just ordered! Some northern light autos from Nirvana. I really like the idea of those bar leds in my big tent with the hps light, but it seems like everyone loves the cobs.. I'm definitely going to do some more research. I almost just want to get the kind led bar for my big tent and get a few cobs for the smaller one and grow a couple autos in there.
            3rd Grow
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X