Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Amount of Material Per Dry Ice Hash Run

Hello,

I am planning my first shot at dry ice hash in a couple of days; I have 5 ounces of larfy and small buds, should I process it all at once or split it up in 2 runs? I am planning on using small pellets, I am hoping it won't smash up the material like big chunks would and I'll get less plant material.

BTW, places around you may have Halloween specials on dry ice, so it could be a good time to use up that trim.

Thanks,

GDR

Hey Ron, I love making dry ice hash!! I've never had that large an amount of material, though. I think I done about an oz of trim/bud at a time, which I break up with my hand held blender, throw it in a bowl with small pieces of dry ice (like you)

I think that you will definitely get less plant material if you break it up into smaller runs. What size micron bag are you using?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
      GreenDragonRon commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm planning on 2 runs, 73 micron and then 120 micron. I am sourcing my dry ice from a dry ice blasting company so the pellets will be very small. I am hoping the smaller pellets will crush the plant matter up less and lead to less plant matter through the screen.

Good morning Ron I've only done dry ice once and I use big chunks we did about a lb. I did find that if I put less material in the bag it seemed to work better so now I have small amounts of trim in bags ready to go in my freezer
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
      GreenDragonRon commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmmmm, maybe I'll do smaller runs then. Maybe I'll do 1.5 to 2oz at a time. On top of the 5oz of dried larf and small buds I have 2 large ziplock bags of fresh frozen trim and larf to process. Hopefully I'll have plenty of dry ice hash tomorrow night.

Finished my afternoon of dry ice hash.

Shook each run for 3 minutes; once in 73 micron bag and then in 120 micron bag.

From my 4.9 oz of dried and cured, I got 16.3 grams (73 micron) and 25.5 grams (120 micron).
    From my fresh frozen, I got 10.7 grams (73 micron) and 19.1 grams (120 micron).

Not bad yield and looks like there a lot of trichomes still in the containers of used weed so I may run everything through an Everclear wash after the dry ice sublimates.

Comment

Hey man, how do you find the taste? Does it have a good/strong hash taste? I've only used first grade trim and never actual buds. My previous experiences all yielded well, but I realized that the taste is compromised, even from the 73 microns bag.
      PS. The buzz and the high is awesome.
      ​​

Comment

Sorry, it's the first time I have ever made it so I haven't had a chance to process and sample it. Definitely different aromas from the dried and cured and Fresh frozen. I think I will be decarbing everything tomorrow and I'll probably process all of the 120 micron stuff first to get my technique down and then the 73 micron.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X