More females from regular seeds as published by Jorge Cervantes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More females from regular seeds as published by Jorge Cervantes

Environmental factors start influencing sex the moment the seedling has three pairs of true leaves (not counting cotyledons). Environmental factors that influence sex determination of cannabis include but are not limited to: Increasing the level of nitrogen makes more female plants. Lower the nitrogen level to create more male plants. Increase the level of potassium to increase male tendencies; lowering the potassium level encourages female plants. A higher nitrogen level and a lower potassium level for the first two weeks increases females. Low temperatures increase the number of female plants. Warm temperatures make more male plants.High humidity increases the number of female plants. Low humidity increases male plants. Low growing-medium moisture increases males. More blue light increases the number of female plants. More red light increases male tendencies. Fewer hours of daylight (e.g. 14 hours) increases the number of females. Longer days (e.g. 18 hours) make more male plants. Stress: any environmental stress tends to yield more male plants when growing from seed.

This is straight from his book " Marijuana Horticulture Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible"

​​​​​​Happy growing.

Madman

thanks madman have been telling people this but never had the book in front of me to quote, this works
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

OJH, welcome. I ordered the book on Kindle for $9.99. I knew you referred to it a few times, so when I came to it in the book, I figured I would post it. Thanks for helping a new grower.

Madman

Comment

So I was wondering if u can influence sex by the environment and I am not saying u can't. I am just wondering something. So if u can change the sex of a plant then that would make 7 day testing increadbly inaccurate. Example of what I am thinking. I send in my test samples I take from my plant 7 days after seed. Then I get the results veg out the females. I suck at growing And the environment gets messed up and now I have a bunch of male plants. It makes me mad and me and every other person that sucks at growing leave bunch of shitty reviews and why not they were wrong.
        My point being that if this is true and I have no evidence that is not I only grow fems. Then 7 day testing would never work.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          good morning abadtrip the outside environmental stuff is done when the plant has its 3 set of true leaves then I only do it for a couple of week or when I'm ready to plant after that the plants are what they are so if you screw up it won't change them/might cause them to hermie but wont change their sex. so your example wont take place

I wrote a little bit about the variability of plant gender and how to increase the number of females from regular seeds here if anyone is interested. I'd love to hear all your thoughts on it! I also wrote a little bit more about using the appearance of seeds to identify gender at the very top of that page if you want to check that out, too.

Note: I copy/pasted this from another post I just wrote, but it seemed related so I hope you all don't mind

Comment

ABT, According to Jorge Cervantes, you can't influence the sex of a plant until it has its 3rd set of true leaves. He's been growing since the 80s so he knows way more than me as I am on my 1st grow.

Nebula, Wow. I never expected to have you comment on my posts. I am super excited. I will read. your ways to influence plant sex tomorrow as I have had to much to drink to read it now. Thank you for the forum and all your hard work.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X