Why is plant budding so early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Why is plant budding so early?

Basically, I was given some seeds from a friend of a friend. The small container had PP handwritten on it. They are non feminized as on the very first grow only one out of four was female. That's all I know of the strain. Since the first time, I grow one plant at a time (space concern). I veg, take a clone, flower, harvest, then repeat. First grow, flower for 57 days, perfect (80% cloudy, 20% amber trichomes). The fourth generation is flowering now. Each flowering has come earlier and earlier (by checking trichomes) but of course yields are less than desired. Today is only day 42 of flower, buds are a little under 2 inches high, about one inch across (seven colas from LST, thanks to your website!). I have 90% cloudy, 10% amber right now. I check every day because I don't want to go to far, but I don't know if waiting another 14 days will make the buds grow bigger. I use a 2x2 tent, 150w led dual spectrum grow light, coco, using your general hydroponics nutrient recipe in a two gallon plastic pot. Looking for some guidance, Thanks.

With unknown genetics it's a crap shoot on what you will get-it's impossible to say if all of the seeds you have are from the same source.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Evening GPS, yes sir the last 2 or3 weeks ,my buds have always gotten almost twice as large in the last couple of weeks. Good Luck with yours.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

gbauto, definitely right, everything I research always goes back to the strain, which I have no clue what it is. I will try and let it grow, but keep checking to make sure it doesn't go too far to the amber side. I guess I should look on the bright side, I can enjoy it that much sooner. Thanks...

Comment

The longer you veg the bigger the plant. Maybe you aren't vegging long enough.

Comment

I've read about clones losing potential over too many generations. Maybe look into that. I wish I could help more man.
            3rd Grow
            Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

Good info! Another thing I remembered this morning, the smaller the grow container, the smaller the plant. The next grow, I'm going to transplant into a 5 gallon container and with LST, see if it will fit in my tent. Thanks all, never stop learning....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X