Any ideas on what's eating my leaves??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on what's eating my leaves??

I've checked all 4 girls, top and bottom of leaves, can't seem to find anything. Maybe just spray with neem for precautions and hope whatever it is goes away??
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Seems like whatever it is isn't really munching too fast on the leaves, I noticed it maybe 4-5 days ago. I've only noticed a few new spots on it since then.
    3rd Grow
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Comment

It's almost certainly spider mites and they can be VERY small - sometime you can see with your naked eye but sometime they are too small. Do you have a jewelers loop to magnify. This is very bad news but it looks like you're still in veg so you have more treatment options. Go to growweedeasy.com: Spider Mites
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Howdy Kpenn, I do not know what it is that is eating on Your plants, but I have had this on a couple of earlier grows. The only things that I found were some very small translucent, odd shaped 'things' around the edges of the damaged areas. They were very small and only visible with a 40X loupe. I thought I had found an adult bug on a leaf, but when I tried to retrieve it to take a photo, I mangled it with the tweezers trying to get it off in order to get a better picture of it. The good part of my ramble is that I got it under control by using both a foliar spray of Azamax on the leaves and adding the Azamax directly into the reservoir (11ml per 6 gallon tank). This did reduce further signs of damage and after a couple of weeks stopped it as far as I could tell.
        I never found out what it (the critter eating on my girls) was, but it is gone now and I have not seen any more occurrences of it one the last two grows (knock on wood!).
        Good luck with your grow.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

DW2 Dagmar okay I'm going to read about those spider mites and keep an eye out for them, and I don't have a jewelers loop it looks like I'm gonna have to invest in one. Also dagmar, what kind of foliage spray were you using?? Like neem or insecticidal soap?
          3rd Grow
          Tent- 4x4x6.5
          Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
          Pots- 3gal fabric
          Nutrients- None

Comment

I've used neem oil and Azamax but they seem to build up a tolerance if you don't kill them all the first time or two. You need something that will kill all life cycles of the buggers - ie, larvae, nymphs, eggs, adults, etc. so you really need to treat at lease twice, 5 or 10 days apart. I've used several others with limited success. Anything you use will likely make your buds smell and taste terrible if you use it when the plants are in flower. I know some growers treat their plants before switching to flower even if they don't see any bugs just as a precaution. I wouldn't. Even though a lot of these products claim to be safe to use up to harvest day, there has been no research of the effect on your lungs from inhaling combusted chemicals.
            I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
            Blue Mystic (7 gal)
            VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
            Coco Coir w/30% perlite
            Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

I had little holes like that during that stage of my first grow. Constantly checked for bugs and mites but never found any. They did stop showing up eventually, and I didn't use been oil or anything. Best of luck to ya, hope it stops
              Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

I got off work this morning and checked on them and there was a black fly or gnat flying around, only 1. I killed it immediately, then went straight to lowes bought some neem oil and treated tops and bottoms of leaves, top layer of soil and just about everything else in my tent....
                3rd Grow
                Tent- 4x4x6.5
                Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
                Pots- 3gal fabric
                Nutrients- None

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X