Madman's 1st grow. DWC journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madman's 1st grow. DWC journal

Hello all. Started my 1st grow yesterday.

4x4x80 grow tent (basement )
    1500 watt LED
    Nukeheads Nuclear Juice and hydroguard
    DWC ( 5 gallon bucket, airstones )
    2 Super Skunk, 2 Aurora Indica, 2 Chrystal from Nirvana in the propagator. 1.5 Rockwool cube. Both SS popped and 1 each of the others in less than 24 hours
    80 degrees 93 percent humidity ( propagator ) 80 degrees 49 percent humidity tent

Happy growing.

Madman

Sounds like a good set up

Comment

Sounds great madman cant wait to see how it comes out i love this forum so i can watch nugs grow and fatten all day lmao hope you have a great grow madman subbed up so i can see pics when you post them
      DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
      250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
      current grow: feminized blue wizard
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

What kind of ventilation do you have? Cuz they love lots of fresh air.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Madman960
          Madman960 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a 4 inch Vivosun exhaust fan with ipower flexible exhaust tube and a Vivosun 4 inch by 15 inch carbon filter and a Holmes 6 inch oscillating fan.

Thanks guys. It's what, like once per week to update a journal, unless problems arise? Will post pictures once I have seedlings. Tomorrow, I have to drill out buckets for the plants. Not sure if I should just place in the 5 gallon bucket net pots, 8 or 10 inch pots I believe, or 3 inch net pots and transfer. This is my 1st grow and first DWC. I could put the rockwool in soil first, but that doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I could purchase some more 10 gallon storage totes and drill the lids for 6 inch net pots.

On a side note, I may purchase another tent and light so I can have perpetual grows.

Madman

Comment

Comment

Looks like a good start! I'ma watchin'
            The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Should be a fun ride.

Comment

Go 4 it
                Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                photoperiod feminized seeds
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

So far no sprouts with the paper towel and transplant method. So I put some seeds in soil this morning. I generally have sprouts in 24-36 hours.

I soaked my seeds in distilled water for 6 hours. Put in moist paper towels until I saw taproots. Moved to rapid rooter plugs. Nothing. Keep hoping. My tomato plants are looking good tho. I have 1 in a DWC. Water level is to high but it's still working great. The rapid rooter plug is saturated from the middle on down. Roots everywhere. Some even coming out the top. Foliar feeding with Fertilome. Nuclear Juice and Hydroguard in my res. 6.1 ph and 440 ppm. Used my tap water which is 7.1 and 140 ppm. 80 degrees and RH of 51%. Would be lower if I turned the oscillating fan on. Would drop to 35ish%.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Just checked on my temps and such in my tent. Found my 1st sprout in a RR plug. Chrystal from Nirvana says hello. Going to give her til Sunday, then she's going into the bubbler.

Happy growing.

​​​​​​Madman

Comment

Chrystal says hello.

Comment

Today I made Chrystal a new home. She's sitting happily in a mini DWC. I used an old pretzel container. Cut hole in lid for a 2 inch net cup and drilled a hole for the airstone. The T12 light kept going out so she stretched some. Now I have her under my T5. Happy to report I see she's about to have sisters. 1 super skunk and 1 white rhino should be out tomorrow morning.

I don't think I will be using rockwool or RR plugs for propagation anymore. I did pull up one of my Mum cuttings today and it has finally started to root after 10 days. Just wanted to get some practice at cloning as I have never attempted before.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

gotta love when there is a completely new grower posting their very first grow in a journal, these are usually the most amusing and interesting and fun to watch and participate in.!! im excited for you man, good luck!!! o btw on a side note, You may want to give this a go with just the one tent at first, at least for the first few grows till you can encounter some grow problems, learn to deal with and correct them properly, and gain your confidence on being able to fix things when they go wrong. It can get very overwhelming very easily when you have a large amount of plants in different growth stages that will be encountering different problems based on time of life cycle and eating different nutrients. Im not saying its impossible, just that it is much easier to learn not only how to correct problems, but to understand why your doing what you are doing to correct the problem, when you have fewer plants this is much much easier to accomplish . The more you learn and understand the growth cycle and situations that may occur, the more you will know how to take pre emptive measures to stop them from ever occuring. The more u understand about it all the easier and more confidently you will be able to correct problems. Good luck !! ill be tagging along~

Comment

Stevenics, Thanks. Thai may not be as fun as some of the others. I say this because I am trying out a new nutrient companies product. They claim you just need their product and hydroguard for the entire grow for DWC. ( I had chosen DWC prior to finding them ) If this is true, I should have a relatively easy grow. The other tent is for experimenting and what not. Unless I decide to do a soil grow at the same time. I want to run a simultaneous soil and hydroponics grow of the same strain so I can accurately judge taste and smell side by side and see if I can notice the differences. To be honest, if I were to get a second tent, it would really be so I could start my next grow before I finish the 1st. You are correct that I have lots to learn and I should take baby steps. I am not new to growing, just new to growing marijuana. Thanks for the kind words and I will make it as entertaining as I can.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• stevenics
                              stevenics commented
                              Editing a comment
                              IMO it is a bad idea to run soil and hydro concurrently. even if they are in separate tents, indoor soil growers encounter diff problems indoor than hydro growers, ESPECIALLY bugs, and if you get bugs on ure soil plants they can end up spreading to your hydro plants also. and depending on the kind of bug and how bad the infestation is, you could lose a whole crop right before harvest which is the second worse thing that can happen, only thing worse would be to make it through harvest only to get impatient and jar your buds to early, then you get mold and have to throw the whole damn crop away, very unpleasant. i would do the soil plant at a different time than the hydro plants, again the more simple you keep it the first couple times, the easier it is to learn how to properly react to problems. What is the name of the new nutrients you are using?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X