Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What strain should I try first? Once they arrive of course. Ordered from Nirvana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What strain should I try first? Once they arrive of course. Ordered from Nirvana

It really doesn't matter, they all regular seeds. do the Aurora!!

Comment

Dam thoes are some pricey seeds I hope u get more than 50percent fem
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, first thing I saw was the price in - Pounds no less. At that price I would expect feminized seeds.

Dude you should definitely try the Aurora Indica. Is the best Indica I've ever tried in my life, reaaaally good for sleeping and a tasty flavor. All sticky buds for sure. Take a look at my first aurora grow.

Comment

• Madman960
        Madman960 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice plants!! What lights did you use? Soil or hydroponics?

• GreenDragonRon
        GreenDragonRon commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that looks sticky. I have 2 of these seeds soaking as I type, I hope they turn out as well for me.

Lol. Those prices are for 5 of each seed. Sorry, didn't realize it showed only 1 seed per strain.

Yes, I got all reg seeds on purpose. In the book "Growing Cannabis Indoors", it states that seeds that germinate out the sides tend to be male and those that germinate out the top or bottom, tend to be female. I want to test that theory. it also states it's not 100 percent accurate but a good indicator.

Looks like Aurora is up 1st.

Thanks guys.

Madman

Comment

• RobM
        RobM commented
        Editing a comment
        Also if there is a perfect volcano shape hole at the end its ment to be female

Madman, I'm doing a aurora this grow, it looking Hefty and is pretty easy going. So I hear a little trick about more nitrogen less potassium, phosphorus early in life will promote more female growth on regular seed
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        OJH I remember downloading the page but now I can find it. Shoot would have like to share it here.

• Madman960
        Madman960 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you referring to the slightly higher N and lower PK in the seedlings early life to promote more females from seeds?

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes and slightly higher humidity there 3 or 4 things to do to influence sex, I did 10 my buddy did 10 I did everything Jorge said to do my buddy didn't do anything I got 7 females he got 2

Thanks, Mr. Furley!!

Also, part of the experiment is to see if sex can be determined by germination. I was always under the impression, environment and low stress created more females. Will post results when I find out.

Madman

Comment

Received my seeds from Nirvana today. All 40 of them. Was in nervous as I sent $148 cash. Very happy customer. Soaked 6 seeds in distilled water with 1 mil of Fertilome root stimulator for 1 hour. 2 each, Supper Skunk, Aurora Indica, and Chyrstal. The SS sank almost immediately. The other 4 just floated. Put seeds in moist paper towels and Ziploc bags. In my humidity dome in the tent. 80 degrees and 90 percent humidity. Probably check them early Sunday morning. This experiment is to see if seeds that germinate out the side are male and out the end are female. Will take pictures of everything and keep everyone updated.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          U may want to check them sooner than Sunday I just place the seed in the rr and put it in the heated dome in 3 days it's ready to go into my hydro system. I usually have a tap root in 24 hrs.

Raspberry cough, jock horror. Both awesome strains. I have a 3 week old jock in a ten gallon home made autopot.

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
          Also if there is a perfect volcano shape hole at the end its ment to be female
          This is not true buddy, please don't spread bad info

Comment

Thanks Ellz. I terminated my experiment. I remember reading years ago that environment was a big factor in sexing of the plants.

ABT, Transferred my 6 plants to rockwool. Most were swollen and looked ready to burst. 1 SS has a Taproot out the bottom.

Stevenics, what is an auutopot? I can look it up later, just no time at the moment.

Madman

Comment

Madman thany you for the chucks everytime I see this post I think of the price list ,their must of been half dozen of us that shit when we saw the prices and thought it was for 1 seed lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

OJH, lol. I thought it showed 5 of each when I posted it. Probably because I already new. Think I may try seedman next. Going to take notes of my post about getting more females and keep it in my growroom.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

My wife and I are big fans of the Raspberry Cough from Nirvana (as are all our friends with whom we share our grow). Great smell and taste. I am currently growing a Raz Cough mother plant for cloning. Have also really liked the Mango Skunk (got those as freebies for one of my Nirvana orders. They smell great in the grow room but Raspberry much better in the jar.). Good luck and Happy Growing!

Comment

You picked some great strains! I've had great results with just about every Nirvana strain I tried. I really liked both Aurora Indica and White Rhino when I grew them. Aurora Indica stays short and is ready to harvest quickly, while White Rhino is a bit bigger and takes a little longer, but will reward you with good yields if you take good care during the flowering stage.

I wrote a little bit about the variability of plant gender and how to increase the number of females from regular seeds here if anyone is interested. I'd love to hear all your thoughts on it! I also wrote a little bit more about using the appearance of seeds to identify gender at the very top of that page if you want to check it out, too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X