flowering problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flowering problems

Okay, I'm at the end of week 4 flower and my buds should be nice little tops by now. All I have are a bunch over leafy tops with no flowers. Plenty of trichomes present but no actual flowers. The only thing I can think of is the dark period is being interrupted. The 12 off cycle is during the day to make it easier for my schedule. This could have been a mistake because I fear light is leaking into the grow room and tent somehow. It's the only thing I can see that's preventing buds from forming.

Could I extend the dark period for an extra 10 hours just so I can flop the dark period so it's not during the day?

Have you got any pictures Pankace?,that would help a little. I would do whatever I could to get my dark hours right.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I'll definitely have a pic or two tomorrow.

Comment

if you have more of a sativa plant it might take longer to go into bloom, when I first tried to go I started with bag seed I put four plants in bloom three took off one just stayed the same way after about 6 weeks of this I raised the light and poof she went into bloom. now thats a good story but I dont think raising the light had anything to do with it not going into bloom. I think it was a pure Sativa
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

You can extend the lights off for and extra 10 hours once to reset the clock and make sure daylight doesn't leak into the room. (Do be careful about other light - even a small LED light on a power strip or timer in the room can set things awry) In fact an extended dark period can sometimes speed up the budding process without hurting the plants (other than loosing that 10 hours of growth). Good luck!

Comment

These are what my tops look like. Never seen growth quite like it.

Comment

Got me stumped. I see lots of trichomes but no flowers, like you said. Usually in late veg you can see all the flower sites even before the pistils start showing. Are there any pre-flowers down at the nodes?
              4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

What wattage of light do u use and also are u useing high pk ratios for nutrients because without extra pk she will have very slow bud growth. Also extra darkness wount hurt but any light dureing darkness will, so I would sugest when u go into lights off to go in ur room 10mins a head of time and keep ur eyes closed, then when the lights are off open ur eyes and wait around for 10-15mins so ur eyes adjust and check for any light. Ur plants might be getting light and reverting back to veg. if there are zero light leaks then boost up ur pk. If it is a light leak then fix the leak and give her 48h of darkness and shell fall into flower real quick.

Comment

<Could I extend the dark period for an extra 10 hours just so I can flop the dark period so it's not during the day?>

Yes you can. Won't notice any ill effect at all.

Comment

To answer questions, I am using a 600w Hortilux MH for my flower bulb. As for nutes I use the complete Cyco line and I've even been giving her Sonic Bloom (P/K) on top of it. No huge issues with pH or deficiency. I'm gonna flip the dark period as well as work on my grow room as far as light proofing. If I don't see any progress in a couple weeks I might have to chop her down.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X