Every time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Every time!!!

Why do I get yellow spots on my leaves????? Every single grow I have yellow spots on my leaves. I've been told to give them more potassium it might be a potassium deficiency, so i do. I've been told to give them cal-mag it might be a calcium deficiency, so I do. I've been told to make sure your water is ph'd, so I do. I've been told maybe your giving them too much food, so I cut my nutes in half. If I'll be damned I'm still getting yellow spots on my leaves. It just doesn't look good, I want my plants to be green and beautiful. Not lookin like they have leprosy. Someone please help!?!?!?
    5x3 grow area
    advanced platinum p450
    Greentree growers blend X happy frog
    1 strawberry banana
    1 blue cheese
    1 Amnesia
    all in veg

I tell how you can stop that sh-t, use KindSoil, then all you need is phed, water, what kinda soil are you using Rez, ??
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Sounds like you're fighting nutrient deficiencies, might want to change your nutrients to a different brand possibly, I was using General Hydroponics for a long long time same problem spots Rusty colored leaves and the problems associated with certain nutrient deficiencies. My local Hydro shop had a customer appreciation day I won the complete Cyco line of nutrients. I'm on my second grow using these nutrients flawless not one deficiency not one problem I'm kicking myself in the ass for not looking at something sooner not trying to sell this nutrient to anyone by any means but you might want to consider changing to something different just my two cents overpaid it that. ☮️

Comment

I use Greentree growers blend mixed with happy frog, lots of sphagnum and perlite, drains very well. I know many other people that use the same mix and they don't have this problem. I use r.o. water also, my tap water is from a well and smells like the whole town is cooking eggs so I don't use that. I have a lot of money invested in my nutes i hope that's not the problem, I use advanced nutrients.
        5x3 grow area
        advanced platinum p450
        1 strawberry banana
        1 blue cheese
        1 Amnesia
        all in veg

Comment

If you are going to stick with soil you shouldnt have to rock them with much, if any nutes. A good super soil, either your own or bought, like KindSoil, are hard to beat. I use a combination of both- no issues. Just a suggestion.....
          Organic only soil grower
          Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Can u post a pic it would help a lot more

Comment

Yeah, what Tyler said. Maybe you have bugs? Look underneath the leaves.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I don't know why they do this.
                5x3 grow area
                advanced platinum p450
                1 strawberry banana
                1 blue cheese
                1 Amnesia
                all in veg

Comment

I have no bugs, checked them over good with my scope and saw nothing
                  5x3 grow area
                  advanced platinum p450
                  1 strawberry banana
                  1 blue cheese
                  1 Amnesia
                  all in veg

Comment

I know you've heard it before but it looks like ph or cal-mg issue. Make sure your ph meter is accurate and calibrated. Make sure you ph your mix after adding all nutrients and supplements. If those items are good, try straight ph water for a few days to flush the salts out, and then start adding nutrients back in. You may have nutrient lockout. If nutrient uptake is locked out, the plant is not getting what it needs.
                    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Originally posted by Resinator View Post
                      Why do I get yellow spots on my leaves????? Every single grow I have yellow spots on my leaves. I've been told to give them more potassium it might be a potassium deficiency, so i do. I've been told to give them cal-mag it might be a calcium deficiency, so I do. I've been told to make sure your water is ph'd, so I do. I've been told maybe your giving them too much food, so I cut my nutes in half. If I'll be damned I'm still getting yellow spots on my leaves. It just doesn't look good, I want my plants to be green and beautiful. Not lookin like they have leprosy. Someone please help!?!?!?
                      Your problem is that "you have been told", all kinds of stuff. Because people say a lot of things. If someone tells you on a whim you have nute burn, but you don't but actually have a deficiency...well you will end up doing the exact opposite of what you need to do.

STOP GUESSING. You need to *know* what's going on, and only you can find this out, and not so much others. You know what and how much nutes you give them, what pH your water has and YOU can check your plants best.

Start here: http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures

This one is really good and I found the guides on GWE about deficiencies also much clearer and better than any others. AND READ THEM. Stop guessing. "Maybe you have..." is a pretty poor way to save your crops

But no matter what deficiency or problem you find you have, you will LIKELY want to flush them with pHed water (and this means the correct pH) and then give the right amount of nutes. Also, you say you don't have bugs..but the second pics IMHO could well be mites. Are you sure you don't have mites? I would check twice. That being said Cal/Mg/Iron problem...POSSIBLE. But don't take my word for it, because you want to know why they have this deficiency. pH problem is likely. As Sheesh said, possible nute lockout.
                      Last edited by Flexy123; 10-19-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas, I'll start diagnosing right away. I've checked at least 3 times with my x1000 digital scope for mites and don't see anything, no bugs at all. I've noticed one of them has a vicks vapor rub smell to it. Suppose to smell like berries, not menthol. I've been told too that that is a sign of lockout, anyone else know about this? I'm gonna flush the shit out of these ladies a couple times and hope that clears the salts out. Next week I'll start giving 1/4 nutes again.
                        5x3 grow area
                        advanced platinum p450
                        1 strawberry banana
                        1 blue cheese
                        1 Amnesia
                        all in veg

Comment

Could you post a picture of the plant in the setup? I agree it looks a lot like Calcium, Nutrient Lockout or PH from the pictures.
                          Calcium Deficiency
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	closeup-calcium-deficiency-leaf-sm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	138821
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	calcium-deficiency-leaf-sm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.1 KB ID:	138822
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	cannabis-calcium-deficiency-bottom-plant-lack-of-light-sm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	138823

You are also said you're using GreenTree Growers' Blend, with is a Coco-based medium. Cannabis plants grown in coco coir tends to need more calcium compared to other growing mediums. Calcium deficiencies are also very common when using RO water since it strips out all the minerals that are typically found in tap water. With both coco and RO water, I highly suggest using a Cal-Mag supplement. You mentioned you use Advanced Nutrients, here is their Cal-Mag supplement. Advanced Nutrients will definitely grow great cannabis all by itself. Once you get everything dialed in you shouldn't get deficiencies with it.

With Calcium, a slightly higher pH seems to help, so 6.5 in hydro, or up to 7 pH in soil. I would mention that although you listed soil as your growing medium, you are basically in a hydro setup since your medium is mostly coco, peat, perlite and Happy Frog (a gentle mix for seedlings), plus an initial charge of nutrients. At this point, your plant has likely used up all the nutrients that were initially there (you don't have slow release nutrients like amended soil), so the roots are only getting what you're giving in the water. That means pH and nutrients are especially important. Are you also checking the pH of the runoff water, to make sure it's not way higher or lower than what you're putting in through the top?

How close are your grow lights to the tops of the plant? What's the temperature in the top canopy and is there a good breeze? Too-close grow lights can make these symptoms worse. If the leaves seem worst near the top of the plant, I'd consider putting the light up a few inches until the plants start getting better. I know you want to maximize light in the flowering stage, but slightly lower light levels help plants recover from problems.

I hope that helps, a few spots on your leaves never hurt anyone and your buds are coming along great!

Comment

Nebula, thanks for posting man, with my ro water I use 2 1/2 to 3 ml of a.n. calmag to every gallon during the week when just watering, and when I feed on the weekend I use 4 ml per gal of ro water. I keep the lights 18 to 20 in. away from the plants and try to get the p.h. to around 6.5. When I feed the a.n. sensibloom it brings the ph right down to 6.0. It looks just like the pics you posted. The buds are all light and airy and smell like vicks vapor rub instead of the berries it's suppose to smell like. I've flushed them twice in the past week so now I'll try bringing the ph up to 7 and see if that helps. I'll keep you posted to see if that helped or not. Thanks again man, I appreciate the info
                            5x3 grow area
                            advanced platinum p450
                            1 strawberry banana
                            1 blue cheese
                            1 Amnesia
                            all in veg

Comment

Oh and this is the pic of my setup, 600w hps, 3 gal. Pots, oscillating fan and there's a vent fan in the ceiling I use for ventilation
                              5x3 grow area
                              advanced platinum p450
                              1 strawberry banana
                              1 blue cheese
                              1 Amnesia
                              all in veg

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X