auto flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto flower

Hello,I have some auto flower seeds i believe they are WHITE WIDOW,never grown auto flower before,how long do i keep lights on 18/6,before changing to 12/12,and is feeding them any different from regular seeds,can you top them or should you let them grow normally,what ever info you guys have will help.

Thanks.

The great thing about autos is that you don't ever change the light cycle to 12/12. Keep them at 18/6 their entire life cycle. That is what makes them autos. They tend to have a much shorter veg cycle, so any training you want to do, do early. Other than that, I think you treat them like photo plants as far as watering. They may need less nutrients than photo plants due to their shortened life span. Use good soil and track pH and you should have a successful grow.

Comment

Some autos can be grown in 24/0 light. I have one going right now. I put her outside in the morning, and bring her in at night into my tent and have the light on all night.
      A man believes what a man desires to be true.

Comment

I grew my autos on 24/0 but most people do 20/4 or 18/6 for the entire grow. it's recommend not topping or doing any extreme defoliation because they have a short veg period and may not recover quickly enough to get a decent harvest. Just a bit of LST/bending/tucking large fan leaves.

What medium are you going with?

As for nutrients in general they're about the same as photos or slightly less but every plant is different and will tell you what it needs
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I think the common consensus with Autos is more light, less nutrients.

The more light you can give them, assuming an ideal environment, is the single most important factor in determining yields. 20/4 and 18/6 seems quite popular for autos.

From what I've read, autos are sensitive to nutrients so you definitely want to start off with a low concentration and gradually raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Nugs View Post

From what I've read, autos are sensitive to nutrients so you definitely want to start off with a low concentration and gradually raise it.
            agreed- but more sensitive to overwatering! Dont get her too wet early on cuz the pot size is big and well- be careful... agreed on 20/4 or 18/6.

Comment

• Royal Nugs
              Royal Nugs commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahh yes, don't forget to plant your auto directly into the final pot... often overlooked. Don't want any transplant lag since your times are fixed.

Hello,awsome advise people,thank you for all the info.

Comment

Howdy! Don't forget to alternate your nutes with plain water, or you could end up with a monster size plant (something I'm learning with my current grow!) 😊
              Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
              Recent grows...
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Originally posted by rockman View Post
                Howdy! Don't forget to alternate your nutes with plain water, or you could end up with a monster size plant (something I'm learning with my current grow!) 😊
                What do you mean by this....

Comment

• rockman
                  rockman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Green, I was experimenting with my auto Bubba, and decided to skip the alternating plain water with nutes from the beginning (I'm growing in coco/perlite). Everything seemed cool for awhile...plant looked super healthy, but then as it was going into flower, it got super large, way more than previous autos. I figured I better give it a break from the nutes every time. Many buds now, and if they all keep filling out, I may actually get a darn good harvest. But plant is way too big for my setup, and I wouldn't try that experiment again. I will be growing the same plant next grow, but it will be in Kind soil/Ocean Forest. So no nutes for the next unless it should need it! 😊

• Green75
                  Green75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Next time your plant gets to tall...supercrop her

But see what you have proven already almost..more nutes is good

Autos any light cycle that is 18/6 or greater will work.

More light more growth more buds....they don't need to rest...Plants don't sleep

Comment

Here is my auto still alive

Comment

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
                    But see what you have proven already almost..more nutes is good
                    Im starting to think that the root of the problems derive from over watering, not over nutrients. I guess not everything can be apples to apples either. Since everyone waters differently, different amounts, chemical amounts, batches, age of chemical, etc.etc.etc.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X