Announcement

Collapse

Planned downtime on Friday, July 20, 2018

Hello Forum Members,

We love all the awesome pictures that you have been uploading, but we started running out of space to hold them all. In order to increase our storage space, this Friday the growing community will be down all day for planned upgrades and backups. We should be up and running again for the weekend!

Happy growing,
Nebula & Sirius
See more
See less

Aphids week 10 of flowering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aphids week 10 of flowering

Hi, I was looking at my plants the other night and notice aphids. I am around week 10 of flowering, all stigmas are white and perky and trics are clear. Is it too late to use insecticidal soap?

Yes, don't soap your buds
    Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

Great! Thank you for your quick reply. Do aphids commonly get into flowers or do the stay on the leaves?

Comment

• tvbfe
        tvbfe commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem Skunk Not sure myself never had aphids. Maybe some yellow sticky traps to draw away from your flowers? Somebody will know more

Not sure but u might try lady bugs or a mantis, lady bugs will eat them, I had a leaf hopper problem towards the end of flower an was scared to spray my buds, the mantis ate them allin like 4 days.. not sure if they will eat aphids tho
      Visit my current grow at
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

Thanks. Im in new england and a bug guy to boot. Cant find a lady bug to save my life. Typically i get calls daily for them entering hotels this time if year...murphys law

Comment

If I ever got aphids, I'd use a combination of water and dish soap. Works on roses. If you're growing outside get a potted mum plant, they keep bugs away.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil
          Viparspectra 300 x 2
          Purple Stilton - Bubba Kush - Lemon Haze

Comment

Whats the ratio for soap to water? Apply it with a spray bottle? Do i need a rinse?

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              spray bottle indeed - I believe about 4 parts water to 1 part soap - sorry- not sure about a rinse. Never rinsed the roses anyways.

Actually Danny Danko answered that very question in the latest High Times - he says - Green Lacewings are predatory insects that feast on aphids. Sometimes referred to as 'aphid lions' - order them on line and get their eggs shipped. Plant them in your soil and a few days later, aphids are on the menu.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil
            Viparspectra 300 x 2
            Purple Stilton - Bubba Kush - Lemon Haze

Comment

Good tip. Ordered 1000 eggs online this morning...munch munch munch...buh bye aphids

Comment

Neem oil with a dish soap mix- kills everything

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X