Autoflower, how tall is normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoflower, how tall is normal?

Goodmorning fellow connoisseurs, I got some autoflower freebies and have never grown autoflower before. So I went online and read all I could on them and a lot of people have mang problems with these things, so I gave it a shot. A white widow from dinafem and dark devil and red poison from sweet seeds. I use strictly r.o. water and I put them in 3 gallon pots. Many people say that their plants start budding after 3 weeks and never really get much taller, one guy said that he only got 10g dry from a dark devil. I was nervous about wasting all that time on these and not getting much. Man these things are large, my red poison is in week 6 from seed and it's 41in. tall, and the other 2 aren't far behind. Everything I read online from other growers suggests that these things don't really get too big. Is this normal? 4 ft tall autoflower in wk 6? I must be doing something right huh?
    5x3 grow area
    advanced platinum p450
    Greentree growers blend X happy frog
    1 strawberry banana
    1 blue cheese
    1 Amnesia
    all in veg

Hey what's up Resonator,, it all depends I have 2 Red poison in week 6 one is 4 feet and the other is a monster at 5 and a few inches and is still growing I had to bend the top and it's only 2" from the light I'm keeping an eye on her cuz she just keeps growing ,, she has buds all over Thy both do , last year I had a white widow autoflower she was 4 feet and a half feet and I got 5 Os of her , it has to do a lot with ur environment I'm not no pro but as I keep growing autos it keeps getting better for me I don't get 5 Os all the time but it went from 2 to 4 and 5 Os a plant as long as u don't stress them out u'll be good , but yes they can get that big,,

Comment

Depends on strain, conditions and how you train it. If you follow some of the grows of Green75, you can see how to keep them short and still get a great yield. I definitely don't have the room indoors for a 4' plant but I may see how big I can get them outdoors next summer.

Comment

All depends on what they are crossed with. I have 4 right now, all under 3 feet. Others have grown themselves out of the tent.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I think most people that complain about autos just didn't grow them well or had bad genetics. Most autos should end up somewhere between 2 to 6 or 7 feet depending how much indica or sativa is in them. There can even be variations in height between different phenos of the same strain which is what happened with my last grow.

The attached pic is after the main cola of the tall one was tied down reducing its height by 6-8"
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Nice, thanks for the replies guys. Man this red poison is a beauty isn't it? How often are you watering little? It seems they suck up all the water in these 3 gal pots every other day and theyre light as a feather, bone dry...I've read not to water them a lot because they hate water. Is water every other day ok?
            5x3 grow area
            advanced platinum p450
            1 strawberry banana
            1 blue cheese
            1 Amnesia
            all in veg

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              I only water when they ask for it

• Burny
              Burny commented
              Editing a comment
              It would be ok to water every other day.

• Beach_Town_Brit
              Beach_Town_Brit commented
              Editing a comment
              If they're drinking themselves dry then feed them every day. I tend to water 2-3 times a week but in mid flower with a plant that's really strong then every day is fine.

This is my red poison in the middle of 6 wks
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20171010_160502.jpg
Views:	6313
Size:	4.91 MB
ID:	135624
            5x3 grow area
            advanced platinum p450
            1 strawberry banana
            1 blue cheese
            1 Amnesia
            all in veg

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice pic - nice bud

Resinator, my very first grow was Northern Lights auto. One grew and grew and didn't flower, it was over 3 ft by the time I pulled it up. My husband isn't one to let something like no buds turn him off so he let it dry and smoked it. There actually was something to it, we even ground the stems and made stem tea. The other plant, I call it my bonsai. It didn't get over a foot tall. It had measly buds, but I let it go until it was done and dried it out. It was pretty good. Better than a sharp stick in the eye.
            Now I'm on my second grow. I have no clue what I'm growing, I got 3 Jackpot auto-fem seeds that didn't germinate and two auto-fem mystery seeds. That's what's growing. One is almost 3 feet tall, and covered in buds, she seems to have quit growing taller, the other looks like a totally different strain and is about half the size, but is going into the stretch and starting to flower. She's about 12 inches tall maybe a little taller, she grows some each day. I'm not a fanatic on measuring, I just know that I've had to raise my led light to accommodate the tall plant and the shorter plant loves the cfl and I'm blasting them from every direction with light.
            Mine tend to want water every two days. I stick my fingers into the soil, all the way, I have short fingers so I go to the last knuckle and if I don't feel moisture I water. Guess maybe I should start picking up the pots to feel the weight.
            And even though the seeds germinated at the same time, went into the soil the same day, the taller plant started growing immediately, while the shorter plant took 15 days to decide that it was going to have more than two sets of leaves. And then it took off.
            I keep the attitude that they are weeds and they will grow how they grow. My next grow is going to be trained, these were free range plants. No topping or training but Green 75 has inspired me.
            Good luck!

Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            1- 60w cfl for germination
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
            Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
            Seeds:
            Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
            Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
            Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
            Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

Morning resin, that sure is a beautiful nug you got there, couple more growers on here are growing red poison also ,and their pictures are real pretty also. I'm gonna grow me a couple whenever I get thru with the Afghan Kush Ryder and a Bubblelicious. About about your watering question, MJ likes to dry a little between waterings, it would be a good idea for you to get used to picking up your pots before and after watering so you can feel the weight of the water after watering, lots heavier then. I know a few people that even use bathroom scales to weigh their pots. Yours is budding now an drinks more water. But if you watch carefully you will see they slow way down drinking water close to harvest time. It doesn't hurt a thing to see your plants wilt a little, that's when you really know they need watering. Great job so far, you might want a little larger pot next time your growing RP. Beautiful picture. Good Luck
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Gotchya! Thanks for the tips guys they're really helping. Another question I have is yellow spots on my leaves all of a sudden, does that mean too much food? I've heard that and I've heard nitrogen difficiency. Don't know what to do, I don't want the growth to slow down at all. I use advanced nutrients,
                sensi grow/bloom
                bud ignitor
                rhino skin
                bud candy
                nirvana
                bud factor X
                cal mag
                voodoo juice/piranha/turantula/microbial munch
                sensizym
                big bud
                kushie kush
                Overdrive
                B-52
                flawless finish
                that's what I have, I'm not using them all on the autos. I know your suppose to feed autos less that photos, but should I use half or a quarter of the recommended dose? This is my first time growing autos and don't wanna f em up.
                ​​​​​
                5x3 grow area
                advanced platinum p450
                1 strawberry banana
                1 blue cheese
                1 Amnesia
                all in veg

Comment

One more thing....has anyone tried growing sweet seeds dark devil? It just started wk 7 and no red color yet, the site says late in flowering it'll turn but I don't see any hint of purple yet. Is this normal or should I see red by now?
                  5x3 grow area
                  advanced platinum p450
                  1 strawberry banana
                  1 blue cheese
                  1 Amnesia
                  all in veg

Comment

I have grown them for 3 seasons outdoors in 3 gal pots using organic soil plus lots of worm castings, This season i grow short stuff #1. critical+ and dark purple. they grow 25-30 in, and i got 85 grams dry. So depending on the soil light and care they get will deturmine how much yield u get. Seeing they matured in 70 days there is time for a second grow. Yes they are worth the trouble to grow them,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X