Wtf!! Second time this has happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Wtf!! Second time this has happened

I topped my plants. Threw the Tops in the aeroponic clone king, which has like a 99% success rate, but they've been dying.

My guess is the durastic climate change, going from a 600w MH down to a 330w t5. Plus the added stress of being chopped in half.. but what can I do to keep my clones alive?????? Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything like this happen to anyone else?? All help is appreciated.
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

I always take all those bigger fan leafs off
    Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

How long have they been in the cloner? They will often droop for 3 days or so at first.

As tvbfe said, trim all but the to set of leaves. at least cut them in half.

I like to keep mine in the dark for about 24 hrs then add light.

I run a mild clonex solution in mine. Not needed but it seems to help.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Ya I'd be gettin rid of most of those leaves. I'm Goin into soil in a homemade cloner with 1 cfl. This last time I was 100%. Put my cutting down in some aloe water and water with the same. Good luck and happy gardening.

Comment

So they will usually perk back up after a few days??? I didn't know that. They've been in there for 2 days. And just keep the growth tips then? Remove all fan leaves?
          3rd Grow
          Tent- 4x4x6.5
          Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
          Pots- 3gal fabric
          Nutrients- None

Comment

• redbeard
            redbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm no expert so with that said I'd leave a couple nodes or 3 and cut the leaves in half. Don't know anything about ur cloner . They say there awesome.

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, like I said usually about 3 days, I've had them droop for up to a week after cutting.

There're a few ways to deal with the leaves. Remove everything including tips up to the top 1 or 2 sets of leaves and cut those in half or at least the lower set or leave everything and cut all the leaves except the top set in half.

Having said that, one of the advantages of an aerocloner is that you can do larger clones with full leaf sets, I usually don't and have had mixed results when I've tried, but that could just be me, so there is that option.

Rule of thumb when cloning, if it's green, and the stem hasn't gone to mush, it can root. Also tops tend to be slower to root but quicker to be ready for flower, while cuttings from lower tend to root quicker and need a little more time to be ready for flower.

Absolutely, I also have one and they always droop and maybe turn a little yellow from the clipping trying to keep itself alive. I always have success when using mine but you have to use the rooting gel and the clonex solution for your water, it's a mild nute and works well. Don't fret my friend they'll perk back up and turn into big beauties. Usually takes 5 to 8 days to start showing new roots. Put a light over them after after couple days of darkness.
          5x3 grow area
          advanced platinum p450
          Greentree growers blend X happy frog
          1 strawberry banana
          1 blue cheese
          1 Amnesia
          all in veg

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking nice tvbfe. Really clean an neat looking. Sorry I put this in the wrong spot.

Different method same idea
          Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            That's how you want them prepped right there

I always try to remove most of the large fans on my cuts that I'm trying to root. I think that because the only source of moisture is going to be through the stem end it's not unusual to see some drooping-that's why hi humidity is a plus. Keeps transpiration rates a bit lower until the clone can get some roots going.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Agreed with all of the above, good advice. Just would like to add scratching the bottom inch with a razor speeds the recovery/rooting time if you are not doing it already. I even cut lightly vertically a couple times.
            this was a top
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20170908_153949.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	135071
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

i cant sseem to post a pic to show you but heres the link to the pic i was trying to include , its from my googleplus i use the same kind of clone system as you, a bit smaller bucket but the same otherwise, one of the things you should do is cut the edges of the leaves, like cut half off of any leaves on your clonecutting, for the first 48-72 hours in the clone machine i keep the humidity dome over it, then take it off. i think a huge part of your probem is that you are not cutting the leaves before putting it in your cloner. i think you may need to remove more of the lower growth on your cuttingclones as well, and make sure you are not letting the water in your clone machine get hot. since it is a relatively low water level in clone buckets the water gets warm really fast, warm clonebucket water means the cuttingclones can not absorb it as well. one last thing that i want to include is that when you take your cuttings off the mother plant, if you are not going to immediately put cloning gel on them and put them in the bucket, then sit them in a glass of water. for example if you are going to cut ten cuttingclones off a mother plant and then "prepare" them for the clone machine all at once, you should put the cuttingclones in a glass of water while they are waiting to be dipped in clone gel then put in the machine. even if it is only a five minute period between cutting them off the plant and dipping in clone gel, they should be sitting in water for that five minutes. good luck and happy growing.!
              https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...CKr2_KSu44H4Dg
              Last edited by stevenics; 10-10-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                @Stevenics,
                To upload a picture the picture size had to be 2mg or less.

Already perking up!!! Thank you guys 🤙🏼
              3rd Grow
              Tent- 4x4x6.5
              Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
              Pots- 3gal fabric
              Nutrients- None

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                They came back nice. Nice looking prep too

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good

cool, they look great now that you prepped them properly, these clone "machines" work great, for years i cloned with root riot cubes and a tray with a humididome, till i read that the clone bucket grows the roots twice as fast, so i bought it and WALLA!!! cut my cloning time in half, i even tested in numerous times against my regular method and every single time the bucket cuttings would grow the first root just a day or two after being put in the bucket and within ten days is fully rooted.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X