new guy on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy on the block

I used to grow outside(30-40years ago). Had lots of fun and was fairly successful. So I decided to try growing something in my basement. Hung a couple fluorescent shop lights with a timer set to 18/6 and germinated a handful of seeds. Went to the store and bought a big bag of Miracle-Grow and planted my little plants. They did real good growing fast in spite of being tall and spindly. The lights were about 2 feet above the plants. Well I just let them grow until they were about 2 feet tall then switched the light to 12/12 they budded out OK but the buds stayed small and airy. I ended up with about a half oz. from 7 plants. Then I thought --- "There must be some place on line that will teach me how to grow indoors." So I went to my favorite search engine and typed "grow pot inside" The first site on the list was "Grow Weed Easy" So I spent about a month reading and then I read some more. Now I might be able to get a bit more.. I sure could have used a place like this 40 years ago. Growing inside is so different from outside. It was fun even though I did it all wrong. Looking forward to growing with knowledge and power.

Welcome to the form fog head, Miracle-Gro was probably the first biggest mistake you made start doing some research you're going to want a cannabis friendly soil or some other growing medium anyway anything I can do to help glad to if I can. ☮️

Comment

Let me say welcome new guy on the block,
      you sir are in the right place, you will definitely enjoy this place, that we all treasure for the friendly, knowledgeable, easy place to talk about growing.
      Mr.F
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Welcome to the show,u have fallen in with a great bunch of farmers with lots of experience who will share with u first off your using the wrong soil as Sam said. Second your lights ar not brite enough. Check the GWE web site for the right stuff u need for a good grow inside and out and good luck.

Comment

Welcome FogHead good luck growing. I was in your same boots three years ago, and found GWE. It helps a lot, this forum does as well.
          Might I suggest autoflowers. From seed to harvest in 90 days. I grow 4 plants at a time, 4 times a year. Around 200 grams per grow. Lights are 20/4. No worries about light leaks as they won't hermie
          Works for my wife and I.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

First off, welcome to the GWE site/forum, FogHead. Just as the guys above mentioned, the main site is a great place to browse around and find everything you need to know to grow some serious weed indoors. If you get stuck, you can always ask here in the forum where there's plenty of experienced growers to help you along the way. Happy growing!
            Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
            White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Welcome, good luck on your next grow, please ask questions so those of us with knowledge AND experience can help you out. Congrats on joining the best indoor/outdoor growing community forum available!!!!!

Comment

Welcome FogHead, You started off the right way: reading and reading some more. I've learned how to do it right on this forum. Been smoking since the 60s and growing since 2016: today's knowledge and technology are fantastic!!!!!
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  D.A.A.S.69 Sheeeeiiiiit, I ain't that old!!!

It was during the transition from LBJ to tricky dickless. I remember the Chicago convention (I wasn't there), University protests (used to skip school and go participate), anti-war marches in downtown Buffalo, making friends with the SDS, tear gas, smoking really shitty pot that didn't do shit. But I'll never forget the rich aroma of the first hash I smelled and smoked: ain't smelled nothin like that since then...

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh my goodness you sure enough are an oldtimer, I'm just kiddin. What about that new 75buck possession fine?? Is that real?

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  $75 possession fine????? WHERE?????

Hot Lanta , for possession in the city. 75bucks. I think it started yesterday, I think yesterday Alltatup.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

welcome fog head this will make a big difference in your yields and quality from that stuff we grew and smoked 40 years ago , lots of us older growers/smokers on here , I go in my cellar as well started with a tent when that wore out built a room and Im getting ready to put the first plants in soon, good luck, oh ya pictures tell a great deal so when you have a question if you could show a picture(plant problems) you will get more responses
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X