Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durban Poison Grow: Week 8 of flowering and buds not fattening and leaves discolored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durban Poison Grow: Week 8 of flowering and buds not fattening and leaves discolored.

Please Help...

I am in Week 8 of flowering Durban Poison and I think I have a problem. I am using a 300w LED light in soil and I am using General Hydroponics nutrients. I have two fans blowing on my girls and an exhaust fan over top. Temperature is always between 70-80 degrees. I was watering once a week, more recently I have been watering every 4-5 days.

First problem is I feel like my buds are to small. I feel like in Week 8 they should be fatter. I thought I was close to harvest so I purchased a Carson Microscope so I could look at the triclones. They are all clear and look like glass.

Secondly starting last week the tips of some of the leaves have turned bright yellow and some of them even have brown spots. Please help I don't want to harvest until my girls are at their best. Some pics will be included... Took some with light on and light off. Sorry for the blur, it was dark.

Thank you in advance

Only one light for how many plants?
    Patience.........
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

It almost looks as if you are having nutrient burn. How strong is your nutrient mixture? Flowering is much more sensitive to over/under nutrition. Also, with you using a smaller light, you don't need as much nutrients as someone using a light that is 2x or 3x stronger so you could just be giving them a bit too much stuff OR you could have a pH issue causing issues with intake. Here is a page all about nutrient burn if you haven't already seen it: http://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrient-burn-cannabis

From that article: "In general, plants use overall higher levels of nutrients as they get more light. Therefore plants in relatively low light conditions can get nutrient burn at lower levels of nutrient than the same plant would under bigger grow lights."

My thoughts are that since you are running a 300W LED, you could be giving them too much. You could try to flush them with pHed water and see if it clears it up. Just my take on it. Best of luck!
      Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
      Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
        Please Help...

I am in Week 8 of flowering Durban Poison and I think I have a problem. I am using a 300w LED light in soil and I am using General Hydroponics nutrients.

Thank you in advance
        Need some more info to figure this out. How much space and how many plants as well as more info on the light(s?)
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

2 plants, 24x24x48, 300w LED w/ 3 CFLs around it.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Should be enough.wattage.

i just started another durban poison about a month ago, my favorite durban poison strain is from a.m.s. cause it easily turns purple and flowers in 9 weeks. the durban poison from msnl took 13 weeks to finish, but had very dense nugs, they were small and long, but dense. the other two durban poison strains ive grown were from another two different breeders and they both finished in under thirteen weeks. if your on week 8 you have at least another ten days to go, and since your crystals are clear you prolly have even longer than that. i see definite nutrient burn on your leaves.
          Last edited by stevenics; 10-08-2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Evening Bobcat, I ain't never grown any DurbanPoison so I'm not much help. But I've smoked plenty and it's damn sure good weed. Your plants look fine to me, slight tip burn which ain't bad. You still got a little way to go looks like to me ,but I can't see your pictures very well. But I will the you to be real careful with your light distance from your tops cause they will get bleached or burn in that size tent. I got one just like it and I bet yours is crowded. I don't know what kind of led light you got but most keep em at 18inches away and your plants are pretty damn tall ,so they have got to be close to your light. You have done a great job so for. Good Luck with em.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X