No announcement yet.

Durban Poison Grow: Week 8 of flowering buds not fattening and dicolored leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Durban Poison Grow: Week 8 of flowering buds not fattening and dicolored leaves

Please Help...

I am in Week 8 of flowering Durban Poison and I think I have a problem. I am using a 300w LED light in soil and I am using General Hydroponics nutrients. I have two fans blowing on my girls and an exhaust fan over top. Temperature is always between 70-80 degrees. I was watering once a week, more recently I have been watering every 4-5 days.

First problem is I feel like my buds are to small. I feel like in Week 8 they should be fatter. I thought I was close to harvest so I purchased a Carson Microscope so I could look at the triclones. They are all clear and look like glass.

Secondly starting last week the tips of some of the leaves have turned bright yellow and some of them even have brown spots. Please help I don't want to harvest until my girls are at their best. Some pics will be included... Took some with light on and light off. Sorry for the blur, it was dark.

Thank you in advance

i just started a durban poison last month, i have grown them before, from four different breeders, and i can tell you they all flowered differently, the one from msnl took 13 weeks to flower and had extremely small nugs on it, but dense, the durban poison from a.m.s. is my fav, is flowers in 8-10 weeks with very fat , dark nugs. the other two were similiar in the sense they both took more than ten weeks but less than thirteen. you still have a couple weeks to go buddy, and im seeing nutrient burn on your leaves so maybe try feeding less, like 25% to 50% of the recommended dose. good luck!!

Comment

p.s. beautiful durban poison grow!! you did a good job!

Comment

Evening Bobcat, I ain't never grown any DurbanPoison, so I'm not much help, but I have smoked plenty and it's damn sure good weed. Your plants look fine to me, but I can't see your pictures very well. A little tip burn is all i see. But I will tell you to be real careful about the distance of your led light from you plants, cause I got the same size tent and your plants are pretty tall. You sure don't want burn or bleach them pretty buds. I can't see your pictures well enough to tell you if their ready or not. Maybe you might can get some more pictures with your led off. Good Job.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I'll try to take better pics tonight and post them. I will say this, whatever the problem was it hasn't spread it's only on the leaves that were already affected. I do have another question though. Should I have so much leaf around my tiny buds? Or is it still early and buds should get bigger?

Comment

Bobcat , them sativa buds ain't gonna look like indica bud. Thats some strong ass, bud Bobcat an DP is on my next grow list. Somebody will tell you more about it in a minute. New pictures would sure help cause I can't see em good.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Don't do any major trimming right now, if u have large fan leaves blocking parts of your canopy you can remove SOME of those, but no major Defoliation at this stage in the poisons lifecycle.

Comment

I just looked at pics of your canopy again, and I don't see anywhere that needs any kind of defoliation. Unless there's fan leaves that cannot be seen in this picture, I would not cut anything at this point. PS, these buds look great!

Comment

Ok and thank you. Should I start flushing them now or just keep giving them nutrients but less than I was before?

Comment

Water, wAter, feed 50% of what you were feeding, Water, water, feed 50%. And continue like that until at least 50%c of the crystals are cloudy before you start your flush. When I first start feeding my plants in veg I start at 10% recommended dose and work up to 50 % , the only time I give more than 50% is if they show signs of nutrient deficiency

Comment

I've seen people watering with different frequencies because of the VPD discrepancies, but I think that's the first time I've seen someone water once a week. Do you measure pH? I've followed Nebula's GH Chart (that's a lower dose than GH Chart itself) and never had any major problem. Are you watering with plain pH'ed water in between waterings? Are you getting runoff?

If you're getting runoff and controlling the pH, watering once in a week or every 5 days shouldn't be a problem. I'm running three ladies and a few clones in coco + perlite and I have a RH around 65% here in veg, my frequencies are every 2 or 3 days. Of course this depends on how much water you're giving them and the VPD (temperature & RH optimal indicator) inside your tent but this frequency of a week did worried me. Anyway, I can be wrong but I would try to increase that frequency and give less water every time in order to get a runoff (if you're not).

The VPD chart is attached for you to see what I'm talking about (if you haven't already heard this).
                      Also I've noticed in my last run how leaves turned yellow and sometimes dead near harvest time, dunno if it's this what's happening to your ladies and if it's not I would go for overfeeding instead of a more "normal problem" like the one I had.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well honestly I learned something because I have always given my girls nutes with every feeding. Once I saw the tips change I went and bought a PH tester as well as PH up or down. I have been using Nebulas philosophy on watering and only watering when soil is dry up to my first knuckle. I took a few pics and have attached them. Tell me what you think...

Comment

Yellowing of tips at this is normal 1/16-1/8 of an inch. Brown or rust spots on the leaves main bodies does raise alarm. Could be high nitrogen, low potassium, incorrect ph or a manganes problem. Durban usually packs density on during the last few weeks of Flower. Need some natural light pics but to me it looks like phenome type B genetics. What breeder did you get your seeds from? Type B genetics carry skunk#1 as added in the 70's to stabilize it for the European climate. Type A is the more desirable genetics and extremely hard to obtain.
                          Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
                          5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
                          If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
                          http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Looks to me that ur doing a good job but are in for a 12 or 14 week grow just my 2 cents and let me tell u that u do not want to harvest early

Comment

Have you had light issues during flower? That first pick looks like there is some reveg . 8th week of flower the only light green on the plant should be on the colas and only on the growth closest to the flowers. Even tho I believe that you are growing what I think is pheno B the roundness of some of the leaves make me think that you had some light schedule issues and your plant revegged.
                              Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
                              5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
                              If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
                              http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X