Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Any thoughts on whats wrong?

Hey.

just trying to work out whats wrong. Ive done a flush an restartes on nutes as well. pH 5.6 nitrifield coco a/b and calmag (or something similar) at reccomended 1900 ppm ish (aussie .. cant remember the EC).. coco and perlite 70/30 ish

ill get some better pics at 6am when lights turn off..

thanks in advance

Rob
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Looks like nuts burn if you already flushed a couple it Times the k oh again5.6 seems a little low light is 18 inches away

Comment

How old is the plant? Hard to tell from photo. If feasible I'd transplant to good old reliable Happy Frog, and get that ph to a happier number.

Comment

Morning robm. We need lots more information, like what lights, what size pots and other things you can think of that your doing. PS. Looks like light burn plus some nutrient burn to me. But don't know till we get some more information.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
          Hey.

just trying to work out whats wrong. Ive done a flush an restartes on nutes as well. pH 5.6 nitrifield coco a/b and calmag (or something similar) at reccomended 1900 ppm ish (aussie .. cant remember the EC).. coco and perlite 70/30 ish

ill get some better pics at 6am when lights turn off..

thanks in advance

Rob
          Yep, need some more info on your setup. I will say that while I grow in hydro-1900ppm is SUPER HOT concentration so that may be a factor.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

U want about 1000ppm and how far is ur light and what type? Its hard to tell because of the color in the pic but its either light or nute burn

Comment

Hey

Ok 400w hps... pots are a ta small bit not root bound (i asked about pot swap in flower so decided against it) only about 8L pots. 2m3 tent temp float between 16 in sleep 24 in awake... humility is about 50-60)

might swap to 600w HPS for the rest of the grow to help the bubba as its quite low down compared to the others (also ill raise it up close to the lights.. she is a def female and the strain ill stay with coz god damn its nice tasting.. )

Fan wise.. got a grofan 150 (500 m3 /h) i have no intake as its too cold outside to bring new air in so using no intake but exhaust is ducted outside

sorry retested my ec an its 1.7 ish (1200 ppm) (home made ec meter... not exact bit within .1 ec)

got more pics. The small one is bibbas gift. The other is a random sead as is the sick one.

Cheers guys and gals.
              Last edited by RobM; 10-08-2017, 05:25 PM.
              Current grow

4x bubbas gift
              4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                  tyler_ hobbyist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  U just have a case of nute burn. All the tips of ur leaves look yellow to brown and some are curling that means its nute burn, lower ur ppm to 600-800 and ull be fine ph 6.5. Ur effected leaves will not go back to normal, if u can afford to loose em pluck em off. If ur worryed about nats get some stray call dr.doom (red can) and spray that in ur room it will kill all insects and will not harm ur plants I use it when I grow outside.

My other two plants. The bubbas got a massive shock transplanting from ezcloner to coco. Roots were as ling as my arm... didnt know i could cut the roots. Took 3 weeks to come right and had ro swap as i didnt train the other two who got too big lol
                Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                4gal fabric pots..

Comment

It is likely potassium deficiency from a too low pH. I had the SAME midway this grow and was freaking out since this looks so similar to nute burn or at times also like a general N deficiency.
                  I did a stupid mistake growing outdoors in soil but was still in my "hydro thinking" and pHed water down a notch too much for about two weeks. (5ish, which is too low for soil). Older /leaves started to look like this, yellow, then curling and crumbling, and I lost a lot of leaves, basically the entire lower part of the plant. So if you can exclude nute burn, consider potassium def.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/potassiu...iency-cannabis
                  Last edited by Flexy123; 10-08-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I would cut the nutes in half and raise that ph to 6

Comment

• St.buds
                      St.buds commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Definitely agree I didn't mention that cuz first post says that flush was done

• POKEDSMOT
                      POKEDSMOT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I should have read all the posts. You give good advice first time I've seen you around. I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied.

• St.buds
                      St.buds commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Really? I've been on for a long time and see your name and posts all the time I noticed we agree on a lot of topics

Sweet ill give that a go.

i thought potassium as well Flexy123.. 5.6 is what the hydroshop said to aim at with coco.. ill bring it up to 6 and see how it goes. Other than the yellowing and tips burnt thr leaves are still feeling alright.

juat waiting on sex of then. Used the vocano method t9 try and select female seeds (anything better odds than 50/50 is good haha)

Thanks heaps. I will see how it goes over the next few days.

Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                    4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• Flexy123
                      Flexy123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What really helped me (once again) was the guides on GWE, even after looking around elsewhere on deficiencies.
                      Check them out, you can see that nute burn normally does NOT affect the edges of the leaves...besides I only used 1ml of FloraNova Bloom/L so a Nuteburn was just so unlikely. (Usually I am using 2.11/L according to Lukas Formula).

Also..when you're already seeing this, you will likely not just have Potassium def, but all kinds of sh*** going on, Calcium def, Mg. def etc.
                      Anyway try upping pH a bit, yeah I'd try 6.

nutrient burn bud, do a flush, then the very next time you feed only feed water,no nutes, then the next time you feed use only water, then the next time use your nutes and continue like that. water , water, feed, water, water ,feed and make sure MAKE SURE to only use 25% to 50% of the recommended nutrient dose, personally i never go above 50% recommended dose unless the plant is showing signs of deficiency.

Comment

Ok. I did 2 waters in a row but used nutes last night. Ill just use water again tonight and tomorrow and mix a 1/2 strength after that etc etc.

yeah im not using full strength nutes as 25ml / 10L throws my ec way out. Im using 20ml / 10 atm and its spot on. Ill do what you suggested though (my water is ec .5 out of the tap at about 6.5 pH. Worth lowering it to 6 ?
                      Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                      4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• St.buds
                        St.buds commented
                        Editing a comment
                        U shouldn't be watering everyday

cool, i always make sure my ppms are half or less of suggested dose, i think i already said that, you water every day? is it a very small pot.?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X