My first grow, this setup costed me around less than 5$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first grow, this setup costed me around less than 5$

So guys, this is my first grow, as well as my first topic ever.

Do i planned to give it a hit and try growing this time, 6 months contract.. u know.
    So, those are images of the setup and the plant, I got 2 separated LED lights, one red and one blue "after reading a little", where they costed me around 2 $ each (im not even sure about the wattage xD", some seeds from a bag i got (which i dont even know the strain haha!! But most probably Senai or Lebanese), the bag was full of seeds but potent, so thought of trying to know which strain is it, and get some good buds out of it with under my care, i will be using LST, switch to 12/12 light cycle on the 4th of 5th set of true leaves to get the plant as short as possible.

here's the grow so far, please check the plant guys and tell me any comment regarding it, is there any problem, lack of nutrients or weak light, any common problems for a first time grower.
    is my baby healthy so far?!?!?!?!

note that the pictures are from different times within 14 days of the seedling's total life time (using NPK 18-18-18 (only once so far) , 24/0 light cycle , planted in peat-moss , germinated in a paper towel for 3 days , bottled miniral water for watering (pH 6.9-7.1), emergency heat blanket as a reflector, air ventilation coming from the ship's main AC (22-23 C),

Thanks xD ♡
    Last edited by Tatoss; 10-08-2017, 04:42 AM.

Looks good-
    I would recommend that you NOT water every day- let the peat dry out.
    This is especially important with a new seedling, so it wont be killed by "damping off" and allowing the soil to dry encourages the roots to grow more.
    Go extremely easy on the nutrients and only give them when you notice a need.
    Even though you have ventilation you still need air circulaion with a slight breeze on the plant-which will also help it to dry out.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, i guess there is a small fan in the store somewhere, ill check for that and apply it,
      Also ill go easy on watering, ill keep once every two days or so, while i gently spray the leaves with water from a distance every 6 hours to keep it humid, but not the soil.
      Regarding the fertilizer, yes, i use half the recommended quantity and resolved it in a bottle of water, so far ive applied it once, guess it was two days ago or so.

Really happy that someone confirmed that it looks healthy so far.

Thank youuuuuuuu ♡♡♡♡♡

wow! my set up was over $1.000 yours was five bucks huh?

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      HAHAHAHAHAHA Yes man, id not pay 1000$ for a first timer xD

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully it will work fairly, even if not perfectly xD

This is pretty cool. Are you docking anywhere or is it just 6months straight on the water?
    Current grow:
    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately not docking, oil and gas fields shit

• Agentbuckwold3
      Agentbuckwold3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well you're making the best of your situation. I really hope this works out for you. Props on creativity.

Ahoy Tatoss, Is she maybe stretching a little? How far away from the light is she?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      The light is around 9 cm away, the plant's length is around 7 cm so far

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont think its stretching. Hopefully not xD

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok cool, I wasn't sure with that last pic. She's cute!!!

make sure that you do not overwater, it is a common "noob" mistake, its very easy for fresh eyes to misunderstand an overwatered plant as an underwatered plant, especially with seedlings. i dont even give nutrients till the second set of serrated leaves appears, then i start at 10%, feed every third watering, so, water, water, feed, water, water, feed. every time you feed increase the strength by 10% until u hit 50% and hold it there, the only reason to give more nutes than 50% recommended dose would be that is if there are obvious signs of malnutrition and deficiency.

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm. Im on my third set of leaves now, gorth incoming.
      I like that idea of 10% increasing by ten each time. And the routne as well. Though i guess ill go for 3 waters 1 fertilizer!
      Youre awesome!

Your soil ought to have enough nutrients in it to hold your plants 3 or 4 weeks before you have to add any more nutrients. I don't water my plants by the day but by how light the pot is. Pick up your pot next time before you water an then pick it up after you water and you can tell the difference. I let mine go till they are almost wilting before I water them. I worked 40 years in those same oil fields. Good Luck Bro.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoaaa! A fellas!
      Yah im going for that weighing method for watering, been wqtering frequently at the beggining, though ill be reducing now till the soil goes mostley dry. Then water again. Guess my rate will be once every 36 hours, or once every 42 hours, ill be testing starting from today :3 ♡♡♡

Something i forgot to mention.

since i am using two separated lights (blue and red), right after germinating when the seed with a roor was first planted in the soil i had the red light closer that the blue, since the red light is the one responsible for root growth, guess that built a fairly strong root.
    but once it sprouted out, im using a blue light majority for vegitation, blue spectrum is the one used by the plant for the photosynthesis process ( using approx. 75% blue 25% red on 24/0 cycle)
    im planning to get the red back vloser once i switch to 12/12 cycle for flowering.
    sorry for mistakes. Im using phone and the site is kinda heavy xD

Comment

Got to say I dnt think your lights are gana be enough are they just regular light bulbs that are colored?

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Not all leds are created equal

• Tatoss
        Tatoss commented
        Editing a comment
        12W each. Just found that.
        Should that be enough? :/

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        If that's real watts u only have 24 total and definitely not enough to flower ur plant the amount of watts u have a big part of how much u will get off the plant I would say switch to cfl 100 watt cfl has 23 real watts i would use 8 of thos 6 minimum for one plant

i may have to agree with St.buds , your lights may not be enough, for just one plant i would not use less than 280 watts of cfl bulbs, and i mean real watts drawn from the wall not the watt equivalent that some cfls are measured by, when i use cfls for a whole grow i only grow one plant and use 4 blue spectrum 3 red spectrum, they are 40 watt cfls. so 7 total. when i do this i only grow one plant all the way to harvest and end up with between one and a half and two and a half oz. but on a normal day i use the cfls all the time for germination and the first couple weeks of growth.

Comment

• Tatoss
        Tatoss commented
        Editing a comment
        They're LED lights with 32 cell each

• Tatoss
        Tatoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Cfl seems well as an extra to add some extra lumination, ill search for something and add it alongside the LED bulbs im using.
        Thanks

Wait, who's driving the ship? Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel! I agree about the lights. Need to have at least proper spectrum CFLs or a decent small LED to flower a plant. What about smell? Once in flower, weed aroma is strong. You may need a carbon filter to help there. There are lots of cheap DIY hacks for growing out in google land. The other tip I have is regarding water, PH and nutes. 7 PH is a bit outside preferred range for soil and PH can cause issues if not managed. For soil right around 6.5 PH is good. Real important to measure and adjust PH after you add your nutrients.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Tatoss
        Tatoss commented
        Editing a comment
        They're two LED lights, blue and red with 32 cell each, guess they're enough.
        Regarding the aroma i have not figured id out yet haha, but im growing in a locked locker and the cabin is pretty much well ventilated with main AC duct and a ventilation duct aswell.
        I have pH kit here i xan use, i used on the drinking water and it showed variably 6.9-7.1 pH, ive read about baking soda method to reduce pH but i never dared to try it, is there any household item i may use to adjust that?
        Last edited by Tatoss; 10-08-2017, 04:41 AM.

• Agentbuckwold3
        Agentbuckwold3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Baking soda up and lemon juice down

So fellas, today i noticed the stem is starting to get abit hard/woody, so I have decided to apply LST from now.

I will attach some photos regarding the matter, please never hesitate to post any comment/advise.

thanks for help

"the post was edited.. caught my captain surfing the website today... gotta stay anonymous.."

Comment

• Agentbuckwold3
        Agentbuckwold3 commented
        Editing a comment
        If your captain was browsing this website, either he is a friendly or he has like surveillance on the wifi lol
        Last edited by Agentbuckwold3; 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM.

• Tatoss
        Tatoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha, guess the first one, using 4g xD

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X