ChopChop’s First Top Feed DWC - Mega Mouth SCROG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChopChop’s First Top Feed DWC - Mega Mouth SCROG

Hi all I’m a new to growing and have to thank GWE for 95% of my knowledge. I started my first grow at beginning of July and have been following the forum for tips been a little paranoid about posting but my little set up has been going quite nicely and would like to share.

My grow space is about 3x5x5
    mars hydro ll 700 (350w) Led
    6 inch phresh silenced hyper fan with carbon filter
    6 inch intake
    Top feed DWC
    GH flora trio, cal mag, Ryzo, Organic amino
    Mega Mouth strain feminized from sensible seeds

Started off with 4 seeds they all sprouted and I kept the two best looking ones. Veg went pretty well with only couple of small problems along the way. The front plant took off like it was sucking all the good stuff for itself the smaller one at the back was miles behind in size. I ended up making the switch in fear that the larger plant was going to take over.

I planed to use a scrog method. As I was a little unsure on how to service my reservoir once things got bigger in my small space decided to attach the res lid to the scrog and attach ratchet ropes to screen. This has been great makes my reservoir changes a lot easier.

It is almost the end of week 8 of flower feel that I’m still few weeks away Big plant has taken over blocking the smaller one but small is still doing well the buds on the small one seem more mature. Next time I’m thinking a little less topping so the canopy is not so thick, and could perhaps veg a little longer still have another foot in height but this has been handy for raising and lowering screen.

The pictures are mixed from various stages will get better pictures next res change is hard in small space.

Hey bro! Welcome to the forum! Pat yourself on the back, the babies look pretty good. Good luck wit'em!

Comment

Great lookin set up!

Comment

Welcome to GWE ChopChop , you have done a great job with your plants and setup, Especially for first time. Good Luck with MegaMouth.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Ohh yummy i see them trics lmao just got me 15 mega mouth so imma be watching to see how it turns out
          DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
          250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
          current grow: feminized blue wizard
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

ChopChop hey bud,!! welcome to GWE forum. you did a great job! idk if you should maybe be concerned about light getting into the reservoir and causing bacteria growth. if its not a problem then i guess not huh!! lol. so are you still planning to do some scrogging on this beautiful lady?

Comment

Thanks for the welcoming everyone. Sorry stevenics didn’t really explain the pictures too well normally the reservoir lid is shut so no light will get in. In the pictures it has been raised up for ph testing and draining. Will be doing change tonight will post better pics.

Comment

Thought I would put a few more pics up without the light on and explain my screen. It’s now day 103 from seed, buds are slowly getting bigger I’m trying to be patient. My screen is attached by chains to two ratchet ropes coming down from the roof on the sides. And then it is chained to the top of my reservoir lid to the bottom of the screen. In the first photo my screen is lifted with lid and res has been drained my roots are stained from Ryzo that’s why they look brown.

Comment

Why was the lid lifted

Comment

• ChopChop
                    ChopChop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It can be lifted and lowered. It’s lifted to drain and clean.

Have just completed week ten of flower a couple of the bigger fan leaves starting to turn yellow also some of the smaller leaves underneath have shriveled. Just had a couple of hot days which saw my room getting up to 28.5 degrees centigrade hopefully didn’t harm too much. Buds are looking nice lots of sugar everywhere some of the smaller buds with smaller stems are bending over hoping they will still fatter up bit haven’t seen any amber yet so I’m thinking I will leave it a couple of weeks. Found one leaf with funny looking brown spots thought it could be start of mold? Removed just to be safe

Comment

I hope my 1st grow goes as well as yours. Nice job!!

Comment

• ChopChop
                      ChopChop commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks madman960

Found this little guy coming out the side of the trunk. Unbelievable growth under the canopy not alot of light gets down there.

Comment

So I’m now 12 and a half weeks into flower still haven’t seen any amber trichomes a lot of cloudy and clear, mainly cloudy on the top buds. I thought I was seeing yellowing of leaves but I think it was more light burn. Was getting a little worried it was taking so long as the breeder said 8 to 10 weeks. I have had a couple of hot days seeing my room getting 27,28 degrees centigrade and also had a black out which left them with no air for 4 hours. Maybe this has slowed things?

Comment

14 weeks and two days into flower still have not
                        seen any amber trichomes but have started to see a couple of naners so I have decided to cut my losses and cut her down tonight. The poor girl has been suffering a little the past week with more warm weather and for some reason my room was holding heat big time, it took me a while to work out that my air inlet which is a floor duct with fine mesh was completely blocked with dust just the corner of the mesh was pulled in so was getting minimal air. I’m excited about harvesting have been flushing with plain ph’ed water for couple of days. I have learned a lot off this first grow will do few different things next time round like try and get some of that under growth above the screen and not as much topping think that’s why I have a lot of smallish buds but I’m over the moon with this first effort.

Comment

Nicely done!!! I hope my 1st grow ends up as good.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• ChopChop
                            ChopChop commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks madman

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X