decent yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decent yield

So i have a few things to run by a few of you more experianced growers. One thing is, is 122 real watts of cfls enough to get a single regular seed thru flowering? Also any input on if i have an indica sativa or hybrid plant. It is a bag seed and i just honestly cant come to a conclusion which makes me think hybrid. I know she is small but i only vegged for 3 weeks to try and stay stealth size. Also any random input or advice is always welcome. The lighting in the pic is what i am currently using.

Will it get you through veg and flowering? Yes. Will you get the best buds you can get out of her with those CFL's? Definitely not I'm afraid. The small amount of lumens these CFL's give out is just enough for a good veg cycle (which is why she looks good so far), but mediocre (at best) for flowering cycle. I personally wouldn't suggest using CFL's for flowering. If you insist on using them for flowering, however, I suggest putting her in a smaller space surrounded by reflective material to help bounce as much light back to the plant as possible.
    As far as the strain goes, she looks Indica to me. Just my two cents. Good luck with the grow. She looks amazing so far btw.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Thanks for the input bliss. Im on a budget so supplies are limited i will probably end up adding a few more cfls before its over. And i appreciate the compliment. And as for reflective material i now have 3 turkey pans attached around the powerstrip lol. Its ghetto but hey.

Comment

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I know about being on a budget. Go to Walmart and go into the camping section and buy yourself 2 of those emergency blankets for right at $2 each. They are a good size and reflective, that's what I use. I was given some plastic bookshelves and adapted them to be my tent. As the plants grew, I cut out shelves, leaving the outer frame for strength. I got some small clamp lights for my cfl lights that I added to the led lights at Home Depot, the small one was cheaper, but I've seen people use the larger ones and use a multi bulb adapter to add more light. I got my little fan at a thrift store for a couple of bucks,
        I went online to Ebay and ordered lights as I could afford them. I'm still under a budget and still strapped for cash, but every time I get an extra few dollars I get what I need. One piece at a time and now on my second grow, I'm okay except that I need more lights, larger pots and kindsoil for my next grow. I will continue to find deals and buy when I can before I get my third grow ready. I need to expand the size of my tent so I will work on that. My biggest expense is going to be the seeds....
        It will all come together eventually, just hang in there like a hair in a biscuit!!

One of our illustrious members likes to say that patience is a virgin, and it is. Be patient and good things will happen.

• memyselfand420
        memyselfand420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks blue i will look into that. Sounds better than turkey pans. Lol. And yeah i know about budget too. My current and first grow cost about 75 bucks and it isnt a huge yield but now i am more confident in putting my extra cash into this new found hobby.

Anytime my friend. That's the first time I see someone using turkey pans though lol. However, I totally understand being on a budget.
      White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I start my seedlings under 7-40 watt cfls. (40 real watts not 40 equivalent) I can start 30 or more seedlings like this and take them into the first week of veg before moving them to the 400 watt MH. I have run one plant from beginning to end with this setup and ended up with 2.5 oz of beautiful bud. so idk if the amount of light you currently have is enough, but if it was me i would put as many as possible. If i was forced to use only cfls i would probably get 10-200watt cfls (200 real watts) and grow two plants from seed to harvest. so to directly answer your question, ......While that amount of cfl wattage may be usable to grow a plant from seed to harvest successfully, the minimum i would ever use would be 280 real watts of cfl.. good luck

Comment

Thanks for the help stevenics

Comment

Yes you can flower with cfls, plenty of folks on GWE use cfls all the way thru. They might be using more than your using right now, so you might want to get a few more 100watt equivalent an keep them with in 2 inches of your plants. Looks like hybrid to me she is not full indica for sure. Indica fans are humongous. Good Luck 420.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks daas69. Your input is valued. I plan on adding a few more soon. I thought hybrid as well due to leaves not being skinny like sativa ir fat like indica but mostly mid sized.

Comment

I also have another question for you all. What will soon be my main cola is leaning a lot more than it should and suddenly i might add. I dont see the weight of the small bud growing out of it weighing it down. Is this something to be concerned about. Pics below.

Comment

• Cannabliss
                  Cannabliss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The only thing I can think of is that the lights may be a bit too close and the plant is just trying to move away from it. Try raising the lights a bit and check later on to see if she's doing the same.

Thanks cannabliss. I was wondering if that was a possibility.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If the light was directly over it it wouldn't be growing that way, it would be growing sraight.

#1 when I used cfl's I had 15-200watt equivalent, 65 watt actual draw each. I was growing 3 plants. #2 looks like an Indica dominant hybrid to me. #3 top heavy cola, u could use something like a long skewer stick to hold her up or maybe just some string pulling in opposite directions. she looks good though!! Good luck with it!!

Comment

memyselfand420 Anytime. Telling from the two pics, the main stalk looks nice and sturdy. Weight shouldn't be an issue for that main cola for weeks, so you were right, it couldn't have been the weight. Just a bit of light stress. At this stage her height may sneak up on you, so it's a good thing to check up on her and keep the lights at a safe distance to avoid leaf burn.
                  Have you considered perhaps Super Cropping that main cola to give the others time to catch up? Just a thought. lol Not that you have to; by no means. I was just wondering if that was the plan. If so, go for it. I've seen amazing plants with that huge one main cola grown like that.
                  Last edited by Cannabliss; 10-04-2017, 11:06 PM.
                  White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Thanks for the advice grand. How did your cfl grow end up yield and plant health wise? Also thanks for the complement.

Comment

Cannabliss i did think about supercropping but am wary for many reasons. I have a bag seed so herm chance is definitely up. Also this is my first grow so im a worrier lol. And mainly recovery time.

Comment

• Cannabliss
                        Cannabliss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Totally understandable.

So i am getting close to my first harvest and due to lack of funds at the moment i cannot afford a magnification tool to check my trichomes. That being said I will be guessing on Harvest Time. I know a good way to go is by checking the amount of hairs that have turned red but since this is my first harvest I'm looking for a second opinion I have a few pics and my plant has been in flower for 7 weeks and on a 12/12 schedule for nine and a half weeks. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X