Smelly proofiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smelly proofiness

Just a little tip I wanted to share about smell proofing the grow.

So when my girls started to flower, the girls started putting off some humidity and I realized I needed to start using my dehumidifier. My tent has some screens towards the bottom for passive air intake, so I put the dehumidifier right up against one of them.

I have a 4 in carbon filter and inline fan in the setup, but the smell was getting pretty bad when I went down to the basement, and I would catch wafts of it throughout the house occasionally. I realized this started happening around the same time that I put the dehumidifier in there.
    (The smell was also stronger because they were in flower also... obviously lol).

I realized the dehumidifier was pulling air out of there (like it's supposed to) and pushing it out through its little fan system.

What I ended up doing to remedy the situation was to buy another carbon filter and fan and put it right next to the dehumidifier, where it blows out the air.

The difference is certainly significant. I don't smell it anymore in the house, and the only place you can smell it is in the room when you walk in, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it was (I'm also a lot later in the flowering stage).

Just thought I would pass this along for people who are using dehumidifiers next to a tent lol.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Dude it looks pretty good........be careful with everything being so close together dude.....check it doesn't generate heat
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      mcubed, Vapo's right. A dehumidifier is supposed to stand free. They do generate heat!!!!

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the input! I have a thermometer in the tent, and when I first added the dehumidifier I noticed a heat increase, not only in the tent but in the room as well. 83 is the highest that my tent has been, and it wasn't that high for too long. It's been 79 the past week, so everything seems to be running smoothly!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's why I put the dehumidifier at the doorway of my grow room with the hot air blowing into the hall.

I like my smelly terpenes - fills the house with 'promise'.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the smell too. My wife, however, does not lol

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      My sinuses aren't the best so I don't smell it as strong sometimes - but my wife can and she don't mind at all. Although I dry and cure in another place that doesn't permeate the house.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X