pluck seeds off flowering plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pluck seeds off flowering plant?

Click image for larger version  Name:	21370857_10214794177795013_7301933211469153577_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	401.5 KB ID:	132494Click image for larger version  Name:	21430625_10214794177034994_6498101119318163758_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	313.8 KB ID:	132493 hi, i have a female in early bud stage (maybe like 3 weeks after first pre-flowers appeared. it`ll be awhile til harvest still, but it got pollinated and i`d like to know if i could pluck off the visible seed pods so as to save energy for the buds. thanks in advance.
    (days later) i`ve gotten some great advice from those who i thank for their help. the buds are still not so bushy that i can`t see the seed pods and i suppose i could easily snip them off, but i`ve been told it`s like a winless war, or could be, so to just hang in there for the ride and see how she makes out. fun fun fun, like always. thanks again, community. happy growing!
    Last edited by jimi; 09-09-2017, 05:22 PM.

if you know the difference between flowers and seeds yes but I don't think seeds would have grown so early
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• jimi
      jimi commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for your response. it may be later on in the flowering stage. i`m not so meticulous. but they`re seeds. it just started to show red hairs not long ago, maybe like ...i`ll post a pic. but at the base of buds i see some obvious fat seed pods and have already plucked off a few to see if indeed they were seeds, and they were. ok, so i won`t stunt it`s growth by plucking them off?

i mean, it`s worth the trouble of plucking off the seeds to make the buds more potent in the end?

Comment

If you got pollinated your girls will be chock full of seeds unfortunately
      Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

• jimi
        jimi commented
        Editing a comment
        damn depressing, but thanks for the news, so i`m not surprised.

• tvbfe
        tvbfe commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if it does end up seeded and like D.A.A.S.said there might be only a few (fingers crossed) it should still be decent smoke and you will have plenty of seed to play with. I've had it happen to me more than once and sure its disappointing but I have enough seeds to Jonny appleseed a field lol and someday I just may.

• jimi
        jimi commented
        Editing a comment
        keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best. i appreciate the advice. cool runnins.

If that's your only plant ,that's about all you can do , sometimes you don't even have many seeds in your buds at harvest.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• jimi
        jimi commented
        Editing a comment
        ok, thanks, now to study proper harvest time for my baby and her babies (seeds).

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pictures would really help.

It sounds more like some swollen calyx than seed pods.

Comment

• jimi
        jimi commented
        Editing a comment
        oh no, i plucked a few off and they`ve already got some young seeds

• Burny
        Burny commented
        Editing a comment
        Little too early for seeds but take a picture of a few.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X