Saving defol trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving defol trim

I probably should have asked earlier on in my grow but I was wondering what and how much trim everyone saves from defoliation (only sparkly leaves? every last scrap?). And is it only after a certain point in the grow (e.g. only after flowering starts), etc., etc.

All details appreciated!
    My first grow

I save all even the stems lol the stems have some trichomes u can grind up for budder tea or even hash my fan leafs I grind and mix with tobacco then fill cigarette tubes with filters with the mix I guess this is my way of starting to quit smoking tobacco by adding less and less Tobacco to my mix if I was not doing this I would still save them and use them for different things or mix my good suger leaf trim. I normally keep my suger leafs separate for concentrates or to even smoke if I'm waiting for my next harvest to finish up. Hope this helps I do live my life by something my great grandparents use to tell me " waste not want not" I'm not saying be a horder and keep every stupid piece of trash but being this way has saved me time money and food. Peace!

Comment

Saving trim ? With all them buds you got coming ,what the f-ck you gonna do with all that trim?? You got enough bud to smoke, eat , vape to last long enough till it gets stale. Wanton Waste. Jus kidn.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        lol I should have specified: it's for use in edibles or whatever, not planning on smoking it. I just hate to think I might throw out anything that would be good for that purpose.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        DON'T THROW IT OUT!!! I'll take it and make dry ice hash. I save all the sticky leaves for that.

I usually just keep the little leaves that I trim off of buds at harvest. Everything else gets thrown out.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's all I keep to Burny.

Howdy Aloner, I save and cure the leaf trim (and stems if they are sticky) and make a 'tea' out of them using dry ice extraction and a 73 micron bag. I bake the tea, in foil, in the oxen at 220° F for two hours to decarb it. Added to hot water, it makes a very pleasant and relaxing tea. At first, I thought that the 'effects' would take time to be felt (as with edibles), but it only took around 15 minuets or so.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X