Bud worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud worms

I have the little bastard worms about 3mm long that have spread to all my outdoor girls, and somehow my indoor wonder woman too! Just wondering if the BT spray is alright to use on my buds? The brand "safer", which is the fatty acid soap stuff is good for veg stage, but kills the hairs (at least) when sprayed on pre-flower spots. So im wondering if the caterpillar BT spray is safe for buds. Or what else I should do. Thanks team!

Are they little green worms like caterpillars? If they are they will eat your whole plant up not just the buds. My buddy used Azamax ,spelling might not be right, but I'm not sure if he was supposed to, I never checked up on the Azamax. You better find out before using it. You better do something quick though. Good Luck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

If thier crawling up the plant to get to the leaves I use to put some cotton around the base thay think it's a spider web and won't cross it. My .02 $

Comment

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        That's awesome

What saved me was several kinds of predatory wasps that moved in and used them for food for their young. I was lucky they came naturally. You can buy them from a company called Arbico. Good luck they are destructive F*#!* and they only eat the buds.

Comment

• Samalammadingdong
        Samalammadingdong commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude that is pretty cool it fixed itself naturally. I mixed thuricide at 1tsp/gal and thoroughly sprayed the plant, buds, stems and leaves. No signs of them 5 days later and my wonder woman is doing well. The hairs on the bud that was affected started to turn brow/red but I believe it to be a stress reaction to me digging the worm out. Its all still growing well though😁. Thanks again for the input!

I've had em eat leaves and young branches too.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I would think that BT is safer than just about any synthetic pesticide you can name. However, there are probably guidelines on the container that you should follow EXACTLY in order to minimize danger to humans and pets.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Is it the kind that's bored into stock if yes , then a piece is of wired needed to put up hole and kill the worm tape over hole plants should be fine check it in a couple of days

Comment

Thanks everyone! I got some BT for caterpillars and spot tested it on a bud last night. So far so good. I dug into the bud when I was tweeting the webbing off and actually pulled a green caterpillar-type worm about a cm long and squished it before I could think to snap a picture of it. Gonna finish spraying the rest of the plant to be safe in case they spread. Thanks again for the speedy reply everyone! 😁

Comment

So the only thing I have sprayed on my plants is mint oils in soap and water. I'm a little obsessed with what I spray on my plants because I smoke them. All warnings for pest control are about eating. But compounds when burned are much different than compounds eaten. Soap and mint oils in water as a folier spray works to rid most creepy crawlers but works better at prevention. Like I said I'm probably over worrying about it. Good luck.
              "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

I agree with Calikid about spraying sh-t on my buds, if you go out at night or dawn or dusk you can pick em off real easy , do this a couple of times and that's it. Go out at night with a flashlight and you can spot em real easy, you can see the buds moving.
                Cfls for a week or two
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• tvbfe
                  tvbfe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes I agree, I remember a few years back helping a friend that had those worms and we ended up spending all night with our headlamps picking those little shits. She had a lot of plants lol.

Nothing as devastating as grabbing a fat bud to check for pests and have half of it mush in your hand !
                Even if you catch the critter if they voided waste in your bud that can cause it to rot also! Just saying. "F" those lol bastards.
                "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, that's why you have got to keep a close , close eye on your plants an don't let em get started.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X