Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a banana?

And if so, what should I do?

The color is off from the ones I've had but yes I would say that looks like a banana.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Probably, I would do some micro surgery if possible.

Comment

Yes, that is a banana.

Here is a close up example of them:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	closeup-example-of-herm-cannabis-banana.jpg Views:	1 Size:	197.3 KB ID:	130455

As for what to do...there isn't much you can do since they start pollenating the area the minute you see them. Here is an excerpt from this website's page on it:

"These can be a lot more difficult to control than actual pollen sacs, since they start pollinating everything in the area as soon as they appear. If you have a big banana problem, it may be best to harvest the plants immediately and cut your losses.

What are they? Bananas are actually the exposed “male” parts of a pollen sac, called the “stamen” which would normally be surrounded by a sac to hold all the pollen until it bursts open. If you open up a fully formed male pollen sac, you will see bananas (stamens) inside.

But when bananas appear on your plants, they don’t need to “burst” in order to spread pollen, they will immediately start making pollen and often will seed the buds that are close by even if bananas are removed right away, and sometimes the pollen can drift to other plants and pollinate them as well, too."

More info: http://www.growweedeasy.com/male-pla...ermies#bananas
        Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
        Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

By the time you see one , you are already to late.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• ellz
            ellz commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny...that's the same thing they say about an assassin, lol!

Looks like there's a pickle in the egg jar
          The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

namelessghost You look like you're pretty close to harvest, right? So there won't be time for seeds to develop if you harvest soon.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

My second from last grow seeded out not heavily didn't seem to affect the weed at all. ☮️

Comment

howdy namelessghost, Yes it looks like it is a nanner, but don't worry, be happy! In my experience with the nanners is that You will windup with some female seeds. I have not been able to tell of any reduced effects of the smoke and there has been very little reduction of weight. the last grow had produced about 7 ounces of bud with only 73 seeds (so far). the grow last summer produced just over 8 ounces with about 150 seeds. My current grow was using the nanner'ed seeds from last summer's grow and all that sprouted were female.
                Good luck with Your grow.
                Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Bananas are ready to pollen immediatly after showing but it happenes usually when you're very close to harvest, or few weeks after full flower development. So don't worry, she wont have enough time to make seeds

Comment

Thanks for replying, guys. It's been 11 weeks since I switched the lights to 12/12, so I was already close to harvest. I guess now I'm even closer!

I have another plant in the same grow space. Should I harvest that one now, too?

Comment

• ellz
                      ellz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If it's in the area and is as far along as this one I would say yes. The pollen can spread to any plant in the grow space when there is a banana.

• namelessghost
                      namelessghost commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's right next to it. They were both started at the same time and they've been on the same schedule, but it doesn't look like it is quite as far along as the one with the banana.

• ellz
                      ellz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      All that will happen is it will possibly have seeds. Granted they will also likely be under developed seeds so it's more of a personal call. If you don't mind the seeds and would prefer to ensure it goes to maturity, then I would say let it go but if you are shooting for seedless you would want to pull it soon.

What is this strain?

Comment

• namelessghost
                      namelessghost commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry, I don't know. It's from bag seed.

Don't Harvest until it's ready at this point it's not going to make any difference it either is or isn't☮️

Comment

namelessghost And don't forget to clean everything thoroughly after the grow to remove every trace of pollen.
                      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• namelessghost
                        namelessghost commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! I hadn't even thought of that.

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        you're welcome! Gotta share the knowledge!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X