Nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients

I was told that the plant can live off the soil for 1 to 1.5 months thats like the whole veg cycle so why so i need veg nutrients and can i feed my plants tap water after leting the water sit for 24 hours so the Corinne can evaporate?

If it's store bought soil made for cannabis then you can probably get away with no veg fert.I fertility once midveg anyway. Water, can't say.

Comment

You've gotta check the pH of your water. That's the first hard lesson I learned. And while chlorine will evaporate fairly quickly, if your water authority uses chloramine (ammonia-ized chlorine) that's much harder to get rid of.
      My first grow

Comment

Aloner so what type of water do you give your plants

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          It's just tap water, but I have to bring the pH down to an acceptable range. For that I use Earth Juice Natural Down crystals. There's chloramine in my water but fortunately it's not a lot so I don't have to treat it with anything.

Aloner alonerhow do you know how much chloramine is in your water

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't really know how much.

The report from my local water authority shows that my water comes from three sources, only one of which uses chloramine. Also, there's no chlorine smell to my water. I was using the water before I knew there was chloramine in it and since my plants were doing fine, I just kept using it and there seems not to have been any ill effects.

My water come straight out of a green water hose. Adjust pH at 6.2 never had an issue. Apparently there's not enough chlorine to affect anything. Oh yeah I live in the south. ☮️

Comment

Oh yeah I don't see anybody else say it but you need to check pH going in more importantly coming out tells you condition at the root Zone.

Comment

• bumblepuppy
            bumblepuppy commented
            Editing a comment
            That's an interesting point. I've been perplexed when after carefully adjusting pH of plain water (between feeds) to around 5.5--6 the runoff is invariably nudging the green end of the scale. I have wondered if I should be compensating for excessively alkaline runoff by pH-ing to 5 or even lower?? But when applying pH-adjusted nutrients however, the runoff is usually much closer to the original pH going in (??).

• Burny
            Burny commented
            Editing a comment
            It takes a little bit longer to get an accurate reading in plain water. Swirl it around in your run off for couple of minutes and then take your reading.

Sammy what was your yield

Comment

Just under a pound three plants one 315 LEC, cyco nutrients, cyco Coco

Comment

Sammy i was told that i need to start my nutrients at half the strength How will I know when to increase the intensity?

Comment

I would start at 1/4 strength I'm only half strength right now at the end of the grow. Under feeding them is much much better than overfeeding.

Comment

Sammy i will start at 1/4 the strength when will i now to move up like to half the strength

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X