Topping an auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topping an auto

So I want to top my auto pinapple express is this a good idea I think so.
    the breaded said 30 days of veg 35 days of flower so this is a longer veg time than my last photos should I pinch off the 4th or 5th node or should I manifold please help autos seem easy and hard at the same time. I am setting up an auto tent soon so I can offset the sativas I want to grow.
    Top or not I see alot of u manifold. Is there a guide for this. Thanks
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

subscribed
      The question to top/manifold comes down to a couple of things- does the plant grow tall & is it currently growing healthy?

I have opted for LST with defoliation which does not stress the auto, as much.

That said, there are a few seasoned growers here who top/manifold and anything else with an auto - just like a photoperiod plant- treating it no different.

With photo's, I top and manifold, as there is recovery time if something goes wrong.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

It is healthy I can say that all my plants are healthy I have amazing tap water 5 ppm 6.2ph fuckin love
        Limestone and bed rock.

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Ih8urh2o!

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          Took me a min but I got that

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          That's ok I had to type it 3 times to get it right ha!

In the winter it goes to 7 but my nutes bring it back down

Comment

So today I decided to top her after getting no advise on the matter I decided to find out what happens why not. So it's day 12 from the seed popping. I topped her above the 3rd node just as the 4th was starting to form. We will see what happens from here.

Comment

She has responded well to topping.

Comment

Are you keeping the lower nodes?

Comment

• abadtrip
                abadtrip commented
                Editing a comment
                I contemplated taking them off. But I have no idea what I am doing as this is my first auto grow. I wanted to top it. I think I might just lst her from here see how she grows and improve next time.

• GreenDragonRon
                GreenDragonRon commented
                Editing a comment
                As Nick Diaz would say "Don't be scared homie!".

My first grow I removed the first and second nodes off of my girls similar to what Green75 does. I'm happy with the results so far. My second set of plants I kept the first and second nodes and formed a star pattern. I ended up removing a lot of the growth from the lower nodes as they just couldn't compete with the growth coming from the third node. For my next set of plants I'll do a Manifold/Main-Line mash up. I will build my structure using Nebula's Manifold technique but I will only keep the 8 mains like Nugbucket's Main-Lining.

So I have removed the first node as this was lagging behind considerably. I am loving this auto growing stuff it is a lot of fun and u see real progress everyday. I can't wait to get my new tent going I am going to need more buckets.

Comment

35 days after seed poped. topping did not slow her down. She is real happy in her new home i love growing autos now. I have a Hindu kush under way on her second about to push out her third node.

Comment

I fim my autos, ill be adding new pics to my grow journal here one gweforum later today and three of them are fimmed autos, check it out she. U get a chance

Comment

• GanjaGed
                    GanjaGed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I FIM more trying to FIM than I ever did topping. I finally gave up lol.

Here she is day 51 from the time I put her in the rr and splashed her with water.
                  I love this plant she smells so wonderful getting fatter everyday i have hopefully another 2 weeks to go. The breeder says 65 days from seed so we will see.
                  Autos are alot of fun to grow real speed demons Its cool. I still love the photos for there total control of there life cycle. I have both so now that I have my autos in full swing. I will grow some sativa next.
                  Thanks guys for all the information u put up. U all making growing easy.

Comment

Looking awesome !!!!

Comment

Wow! Good job.
                      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Yes indeed, very nice.
                        Cfls for a week or two
                        315lec for everything else
                        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                        36x36x63 inch tent.
                        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                        Smart pots
                        Molasses
                        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X