Colloidal silver in reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colloidal silver in reservoir

Has anyone used it to kill pathogens in the reservoir? I've been reading quite a bit about this use of C.S.--not making female seeds.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

I've never used it but I understand it kills everything good and bad bacteria.

Comment

Are you still fighting temperature in your small Reservoir? I have that Peltier device if you want it I'll give it to you, you would need a power supply and a thermostat of some sorts.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Sammy I got a chiller for the small box, but that is very kind of you to offer!!! It's not a peltier cooler; it's an active aqua like I have for the large box, way overkill for the small box, but I know how they work and so far it's great.

So I'm just interested in the potential of colloidal silver for use against root rot in a hydro reservoir, or for soil for that matter. It has great anti-microbial potential, and I want to learn about it, see if it's worth investing in a colloidal silver generator to make it at home. It could potentially save a lot of $$$.

Never heard of a use like that for it.

Are you trying to not use H2O2 or any of the "normal" methods, or just looking and researching? Considering the warnings about using it as a seeding agent, I'd be a bit concerned about putting it in the reservoir until I was certain that it didn't get taken up into the plant in some degree. I think I'd need a higher authority on safety than grow journals, tutorials etc.

I'd love to hear what you've learned so far.
      The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        People drink colloidal silver every day to boost immune system....

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        I know they do, but the don't smoke warning is in damn near every tutorial I've read on the subject. It may have to do with being burned, that's the problem they're having with several pesticides and stuff in commercial cannabis, some of them that are "safe" to eat become quite toxic when smoked. I don't know if it's true or myth but until I knew more I'd err on the side of caution.

Even GWE's tutorial

Ever wondered how those marijuana seed banks make feminized seeds? Learn how to create your own feminized seeds at home using two female plants!

2.) Spray the bud sites of your known female plant daily during first 3-4 weeks of the flowering stage (until pollen sacs form and start splitting open) - After switching to a 12/12 light schedule, choose bud sites on your known female plant, and spray/drench them daily with colloidal silver (or gibberellic acid). As the treated flowers develop, they will form into male pollen sacs. Untreated bud sites on the plant will form into female buds as usual; however these buds are unsafe to smoke unless you've been very careful to make sure they didn't come into contact with colloidal silver or gibberellic acid during the feminization process.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok GGed, I hear ya, I will do some more research.

It will work on the root level because most plants know how much silver they can use for protection and will stop up takeing the CS when the plant has reached the level it deems is good for building it up so you never have to worry abput your plant overdoesing with the CS that being said still i wouldnt over do it because everything good is bad at way to high of levels been researching the CS along with 10 billion other thing this isnt cannibis specific but found some interesting stuff with CS on this page

Gardeners: Colloidal Silver Kills Plant Fungus, Produces Larger and Healthier Crops Have you ever wondered about using colloidal silver in your garden, to c ...
      DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
      250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
      current grow: feminized blue wizard
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

I did find this though. I suggest getting tested before using it if looking like a smurf doesn't appeal to you, roflmfao

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

Some good info on silver, seems the skin color change may be the most adverse side effect..... lol

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Colloidal silver used as treatment in a case of lung disease
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup I don't know about silver in the reservoir, but I just got a kit to make my own, here is a pic incase you are interested. I bought the cheapest set up, I have made one quart as strong as I could get it. It tests at 130ppm. I'm really happy with the kit for the price.

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                looks like the same one the guy in the video has

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Joker Now we're cookin with gas!!! What are you using it for? I've seen the kits, and before I buy one to make my own, I want to be sure that it will do what I want it to do.

alltatup I'm using it to make my own female seeds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X