Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First grow 2 300 watt led lights (272 actual draw)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow 2 300 watt led lights (272 actual draw)

Hello GWE community, these are my current plants. Bag seed ak47 and gorilla glue. Plants are around 3 weeks from sprouting, topped once at the 3rd set of leaves. I have done some light defoliation. Bigger pots are 3 gallon smart pots and the smaller are plastic 1/2 gallons. Fox farm ocean forest for soil with ff nutrients. Given only ph'd tap water as of now. Lights have been on 24/7 since day one. Lights are made by bloomspect and are 300 watts each with an actual draw of 136 watts each. There are reflectors on each LED so the light is very intense. Its currently more than 2 feet away as with it any closer there was no space between the nodes. This is my first proper grow, had a little success several years ago but that was with no money invested and a couple cheap cfls. Grow space is 2 * 3"10 *7 feet. Mylar on the walls. 200 cfm exhaust fan that is venting the air into a negative space in between 2 rooms rather than outside as I'd like it to but I'm work in with what i have. no glaring questions at the moment,just wanted to say hi and get some feedback from people.

Last edited by Refatized; 08-23-2017, 11:44 PM.

Hi Refatized and welcome! I haven't ever grown via LED but I know many do so I am interested to see how your grow turns out. It looks very well so far! Best of luck.
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Looks like you're off to a great start!
      My first grow

Comment

Sounds like you're off to a great start!
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Morning Refatized, welcome to GWE. I use 300watt leds and have had great results ,155 watt at the wall. My plants really liked the light at 22 inches for the first couple of weeks of growth then at 18 inches all the way to harvest. You find the SWEETSPOT you will do good. Good Luck.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Yeah I really would to have them a bit closer but at the moment the temp in the setup runs really close to max they can thrive in during the evenings. On warmer days I have to leave the door open in the afternoon just to maintain barely under 85 degrees. Also, I was getting basically no vertical growth with them around 18 inches, just super fat leaves and a ton on node development underneath. With being close to 30 inches away I've finally got the height to begin to increase. These lights in my case have completely made me forget what I used to know about how the grow cycle as it just so much different. Hoping for some dense buds though with the super tight node spacing 😁

Comment

Yeah I really would to have them a bit closer but at the moment the temp in the setup runs really close to max they can thrive in during the evenings. On warmer days I have to leave the door open in the afternoon just to maintain barely under 85 degrees. Also, I was getting basically no vertical growth with them around 18 inches, just super fat leaves and a ton on node development underneath. With being close to 30 inches away I've finally got the height to begin to increase. These lights in my case have completely made me forget what I used to know about how the grow cycle as it just so much different. Hoping for some dense buds though with the super tight node spacing

Comment

Great looking plants, and welcome to GWE
                The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

WOW! They look great.

Comment

Here is a update photo, bent the branches as far as I could and secured them down. Each of the six tops hardly noticed and the growth has been great. I'm shooting for September 15th to switch to 12/12, maybe sooner if they continue like this.

Comment

I'm new at posting. I want to describe my grow. Would someone please show me how to get started, like refatized has done? Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X