gummy candys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gummy candys

Boil ground up cannabis. 1/3 cup water 1/4 oz of weed. Boil 10mins strain. Cool liquid. 1/3cup cannabis water 1pack jello,1 pack gelotin mix then microwave 30seconds stir well them microwave 30 more seconds then pour into molds or plastic shot glasses this make 5 half shots. I personaly also added 2grams oil to half the batch then refrigerate 15mins till settled and all done! Amazing knock u on ur ass jello/candy shots

I thought THC was not water-soluble?
    My first grow

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too

Idk but it seems to work it gets u fucked right up

Comment

I used frozen ground up bud and then boiled it for 10mins being frozen would of pulled off lots then boiled u would think would pull it out as well. Either way it worked lol

Comment

It can work ... Sort of ... I would decarboxylate it first then boil it. Problem is all the good stuff will be on top of the water. Maybe once you mix it with the jello and gelatin it will mix in.

Comment

• Yeti
          Yeti commented
          Editing a comment
          It will work to and extent just like people who put buds in brownies yes you can get high but it's a waste of bud your body is maybe getting a 1/4 of that thc when you decarb your body gets close to complete absorption and the kicker is when your coming down from a edible eat something rich and fatty to reactivate it thc loves fat so anything in your system lingering clings to that and your body has another go at it again

• TheDude777
          TheDude777 commented
          Editing a comment
          I made a cannabutter not to long ago and I think I may have got the recipe from the gwe site (thanks)... It was very potent, a little too potent to be honest. I tried to make some jolly rancher candies with 1/4 lb of my butter. One issue I had was the oil/butter kept separating from the mix. What I ended up doing was sprinkling sugar over the candies while they were in the forms. The sugar sucked in the oil/butter and stuck to the candy. These things were crazy potent. A good 6-8 hr trip ... Yes trip lol...with a bad hangover the next day.

• Yeti
          Yeti commented
          Editing a comment
          On hard candies and gummies it's best to use oil not butter I recommend coconut oil I've been wanting to try avocado oil they say it's got more fatty molecules than coconut oil so that means more things for thc to bind to meaning way more thc can be broken down and used in our bodies

Originally posted by TheDude777 View Post
        It can work ... Sort of ... I would decarboxylate it first then boil it. Problem is all the good stuff will be on top of the water. Maybe once you mix it with the jello and gelatin it will mix in.
        If you decarbo, then make your treats you should see a much stronger effect or you can use less flower/oil for the same effect. Water boils at 212 F (sea level). Decarbo needs to go to 230 F for 90-110 minutes according to a number of well documented articles. Higher temps for less time.
        I use EverClear to make an extract or tincture. Easy to measure with a syringe so as to not over do it. Some friends like 5 ml. Others 10-15 ml. Others over 30 ml.

Comment

In my experience making any kind of edible if your not decarbing your herb your missing huge amounts of thc because the body can't process it as its natural form when you decarb your turning that thc into its usable form for ingestion. I deff would read a good article like I did I've been making strong edibles for about a year now using canna butter I make and canna oil I use coconut oil for the oil it has more binding to thc than vegetable or peanut oil. I use the coconut oil to make the gummies with and the butter for cookies and brownies even made cinnamon rolls one time and made a nice cream cheese and cannabutter frosting for them. But the key is decarb for 100% thc activation ideally your herb should be baked slow and low it should eventually look brown and just a little crisp I do 220 degrees for 35 min all ovens vary so just eyeball it when it's light brown and a tad crisp to touch pull it out to cool.

Comment

How bad is the smell doing Decarb in the oven? That's the thing that keeps me from doing edibles atm. I can't seem to find a way to decarb w/o an oven, or at least an actual tutorial on how. But if the smell isn't actually that bad I might be holding off for all the wrong reason

I guess I don't understand why you can't just simmer the bud in a slow cooker with the "fat" for a while and get the decarb to work like that.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

It's pretty stout to decarb I just have decent mids here and they stunk the house up good I could smell it from my mailbox 100 ft away but I live in the middle of nowhere so it's ok here. Your idea of cooking the herb in the butter or oil straight will yield some high just not complete if I had extra or some mids or reg I'd do that just to make a edible but if you got some dank top shelf or some prized home grown deff decarb for max effect and max usage of herb. It's not so much that it's not pulling the thc out its just in its raw form thc can't be broken down in the stomach we get high smoking it because of the heat from ignition turns it into usable thc for our lungs to absorb that's what decarb it it's the lighter to your j so to speak lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GanjaGed View Post
                How bad is the smell doing Decarb in the oven? That's the thing that keeps me from doing edibles atm. I can't seem to find a way to decarb w/o an oven, or at least an actual tutorial on how. But if the smell isn't actually that bad I might be holding off for all the wrong reason

I guess I don't understand why you can't just simmer the bud in a slow cooker with the "fat" for a while and get the decarb to work like that.

You can (see bold). There is a lot good information about that. I think there are some good threads on GWE. Crock Pot + Oil of Choice or glyserin + Ground, Dried Flower. I use (as suggested by a poster) one gram of flower to one oz of liquid/oil. 10 to 30 ml's of the result will settle you right down. One thing I do not like about edibles is lack of predictability. You can get nada, knocked out till the next day or find yourself on quite an anxiety trip for some hours. With the EverClear, its easy to test and do no damage, then measure as desired. If I want it stronger, I can just let some alcohol evaporate away. Or add some to weaken. Hard to do that with brownies, cookies and the like. Dosing with liquids is much easier.
                I've wasted quite a bit of nice flower tossing it into recipes then head banging getting the dose right. By that time, the whole dang pan or batch might be gone and I get to start over. Or my friends eat it all, then complain the next day they fell asleep in the driveway at home.
                The Yvonna I just grew is quite low odor, so baking it in my induction set up gives virtually no odor.

I do find that any way you cut it, making edibles consumes more flower than if I just use the bong. But I do prefer the head/body effects of the eddies.

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                  tyler_ hobbyist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whats a gd way to make e juice with canabis?

• Yeti
                  Yeti commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can tell you how I make mine I've had no complaints on it been making it since last November it's a long post to make maybe I can Pm you or I can make a new post on my method for cannabis e liquid

• tyler_ hobbyist
                  tyler_ hobbyist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be much appricated if u could make a post and tag me or pm on how you do it I would greatly appricate that

I took a ounce of mids and made a pound of butter I turned that pound of butter into around 250 cookies using a cannabis cooking calculator I got off the Google play store I portioned my butter and cookie recipie to equal 10mg of thc per cookie I package 10 cookies per bag so that's roughly 100mg I know I'm getting I usually start by eating two cookies and hour later if I'm still froggy I'll eat a couple more. Knowing what your bud is helps with dosing if your growing WW and it's avg thc is say 18 to 20% you put that into the calculator to get dosage for cooking it makes it more reliable that way. The problem with edibles is nobody can wait for the effects your body has to digest that cookie before you feel it so people tend to eat more and when it does kick in they freak lol. I've stayed trippy for almost 2 days eating my one sack of 10 cookies.

Comment

Lmfao thats awesome I did the same thing when I made brownies lol I was zoomed out for 2days then to lol

Comment

Also just to add if any of you have a dry herb vape that herb once your done has been decarbed it's ready to use in butter or coconut oil soak so your not wasting nothing enjoy the smoke then extract anything left into some tasty butter.

Comment

Whats a gd way to make e juice with canabis?

Soaking the baked flower in EverClear will give you a drinkable liquid. Its not very tasty, but effective. You could mix it with any juice you choose. Mango/Stawbverry + Golden Dragon?
                      Tinctures are also made with organic glyserin, which is slightly sweet to the taste.
                      Candies and gummies are another way to go.
                      I like being able to precisely measure and dose to determine strength. Some folks can have an unpleasant experience very easily with this stuff.

Comment

How do u know the mg of thc in ur products?

Comment

• GanjaGed
                          GanjaGed commented
                          Editing a comment
                          W/o testing it's all a guess. You go by how it effects you.

• Jason
                          Jason commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Some sources will give you a number. How accurate that is, is anybody's guess. I figure between 15 and 20 mg. Which is based on nothing but my imagination. The best way is by gauging the effects. My wife has a very low tolerance, so 5 ml and she's done. Too much and its all anxiety. So I don't try to make things strong. It just comes out that way.
                          You lose something like 25% of THC when smoking. I'm guessing there is quite a loss when decarbo'ing as my temps are a bit sloppy, even using all digital. Am I getting 90-100%? No way to tell. And a loss in digestion. So what you start with is not as significant as the effects you get out.
                          There was a good article posted on GWE a month or two ago about THC testing in Oregon. Bottom line is tests are inconsistent and testing adds costs to legal growers, allows for mislabeling of THC content, which can raise prices to consumers. Blind testing mentioned in the article really pointed out how variable the current tests or testing labs are.
                          Try one gram of flower to one ml of liquid and see how that works for you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X