Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this work? (Adding a clone plant into my tent at end of flowering).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work? (Adding a clone plant into my tent at end of flowering).

Hi,

So I am new here but glad to be here and I have sort of a strange question/situation. A friend of mine was given a clone and doesnt have anywhere to grow it so wants to see if I could grow it in my tent. The problem is that I am two weeks away from harvest so the light cycle is not what it should be for a new clone. If it is like this for the remaining two weeks and then put back onto an 18hr a day light cycle will there be any ill effect (ie going into flowering or something)? On top of this would I be able to use seeds which I was planning on growing with the clone or will they be too far apart in terms of development to warrant having them grown together? I will probably need to start the seeds in the 12 hr flowering cycle as well to make sure they arent really far behind the clone and would like to also know if this will have ill effects on them. Ideally I don't want to just be growing the clone by itself as my tent is big enough to hold about 5-6 plants.

Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. I want to do everything I can to accommodate my friend as the clone she was given was given in remembrance of someone who passed away.

Id keep them all separate. You can put the clone under a lamp with a strong cfl for a few weeks. Wont hurt it at all. As for starting seeds and growing alongside clone, hard to say. If tje clone is quite young and the difference in age is small, you might pull it off.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

I would also keep this clone separate from the others, but would grow this with the other seeds till the clone is ready for flowering then move to a separate tent/box, unless you start seeds quickly then you can flower all seeds and clone together.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

One thing to add about keeping it separate is when getting a clone from someone, you should keep it separate from any of your other plants based on the chance that it may have spider mites or any other list of bad things on it that could affect your other plants. You never know what someone else may have in their grow room.

I've never done anything with clones, but I read a lot about spider mites. Luckily I haven't had any of those either lol
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

The one and only time I ever had bugs, fungus knats, was when they came in on a clone. Beware.....!
            Organic only soil grower
            Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
            Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X