Calcium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calcium deficiency?

Hey everyone! My plants have been doing quite well for the most part. Let me explain the problem and environment:

This morning, I noticed a few tannish spots on a couple leaves. They are just over 4 weeks old, growing in Coco using GH flora trio series following nebulas feeding schedule with a few tweaks. I water once a day until I see runoff, and I do not flush at all. These spots are appearing on the older leaves that have light. Not too many le Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	126983 aves are affected so I'm hoping I caught it early. My pH is usually 5.7 to 5.8.

My thoughts are a calcium deficiency after going through some gwe articles, but I was hoping to get others opinions on here. Many deficiencies seem to have multiple potential problems (could be calcium deficiency, could be magnesium, could be manganese. There is more than one potential problem for brown spots is what I'm getting at.)

Since calcium is best absorbed around 6.2, I will be trying water with a slightly higher pH for a while. Should I just keep switching every watering? 5.8 one day, 6.2 the next? I know you are supposed to have a range of pH, and I haven't really been doing that.

Any advice is appreciate
    Attached Files
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Hey Mcubed476, If it's only a few leaves and you have lots of good growth I see it as a heads up to keep an eye out for an increase in leaf discoloration. It sounds like you are well tuned in to your grow and are doing everything right. One option is to do nothing different for a few days and monitor for increased issues. Another option is try ph'd water with light Cal-Mg only for a couple of days just to make sure you don't have a nute lockout developing. I'm a rookie in coco and had some ups and downs in veg so just throwing this out there. Good luck and keep us posted.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Don't look like anything to worry about to me, just keep a close eye on her, nothing a little cal-mag and good PHwater want fix if it does turn into a problem, but I don't think it will. Good Luck 476
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Mcubed, I always let my pH fluctuate between 5.6 and 6.4. When I first looked at your leaves, I wondered if something was nibbling in or on them?????
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          As always, Thanks for the advice alltatup! I ordered a Jewelers loupe off Amazon. It will be here in a couple days! Then I will be able to really take a look!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Shoot, mcubed, I was gonna post this yesterday but didn't. I've ordered two loupes off amazon, both supposedly 30x and 60x. One was a piece of shit and the other is fantastic: the best magnification I've had so far to look at stuff up close. This is the good one:

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries alltatup! I bought one that is 30x and 60x. It wasn't the one in your link, but some magnification is better than none lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X