Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolute Best pH Meter to Order Online? / Absolute Best EC/TDS Meter to Order Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute Best pH Meter to Order Online? / Absolute Best EC/TDS Meter to Order Online?

Yo, need your advice on something else please.

My 2nd grow is due to start and this time I want good gear as far as pH and EC/TDS meters go.
    What would you personally recommend in both departments?

I am planning to order from overseas, so amazon and such is good for me if you have anything you wanna link there or other similar sites.

What pH meter should I order?
    What EC/TDS meter should I order?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    I managed to pull through in my first grow with two cheap ass meters that I had to always account for.
    I'd love to level up my gear. But since I'll only be buying one of each, I wanna know the pros and cons and personal recommendations from you fellow members.

Much love, as always. <3
    Originally posted by 420n808
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

HMDigital. My first one was good, lasted a year, but this one is better cuz it's waterproof. Very reliable and a reasonable price.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I think HM Digital has a good rep. Yeah, get a tds meter, too, they are cheap. You will know when it starts to go on the fritz...

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      Super! Thanks for the tip.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome, Armadillo!! I know there are more expensive ones out there, but this is a good solid one and will last at least a year.

Anybody here vouch for Hanna Instruments?
    I've heard good things on the forums, but on amazon the reviews are very mixed.

Bluelabs are a bit too expensive and technical for my liking.

Tat has mentioned HM Digital?

What other major brands would be contenders?

I'm looking to order within the next week or two. ^_^
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Comment

Can someone recommend a good EC/TDS meter please?
      Preferably one with a powder-form calibration liquid mix (if that's even possible, cause we have restrictions on ordering anything liquid into this country)..

It would be a major help.

Comment

I've read mixed reviews on HM Digital meters. However, more of them have been negative. Even my nearest Hydro shop tells me that it's the brand from his store with the most returns. I would recommend either Blue Labs (but they're expensive) or Hanna Instruments. Hanna is a bit cheaper than Blue Labs, but very reliable. I'm currently saving up to get me their Combo Meter which is about $160 US, but it measures pH/EC/PPM, and Temp. But if you just want their EC/PPM meter, then I recommend this one here: http://hannainst.com/groline-waterpr...r-hi98318.html
        It's about $59 US. I don't know if they sell it on Amazon or ebay, but they do sell it on their website.
        IMHO most cheap meters last a long time, while still maintaining proper readings as long as one takes care of them. I have a cheap pH meter I got off Amazon for like $15 like 2 years ago and I still use it now with accurate readings. I always store it with either R.O. water or storage solution and it's still going. I just recently got me an HM Digital EC/PPM/Temp meter at my nearest hydro shop for about $35. He had them in the display in the back corner.... almost trying to hide them while advertising the more expensive ones in the front of the display. Nice try. I ended up buying it and it works like a charm.
        As far as meters that don't come with storage solution in liquid form goes, I'm not sure that's even possible. The probes in the meters need liquid solution in order to perform the readings. You can try finding one that perhaps doesn't come with storage solution? Hope that helps. Good luck in finding your meter.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!
          Thanks man. Such detail! <3

I'll check out the ones you recommended.
          I have a cheap brandless TDS/EC meter and a brandless pH meter. Sure they got the job done, but maaaaan, every time I use them I gotta calibrate. I'm fed up with them which is why I decided to upgrade to good equipment. =)

Oh yeah, and it's not the storage solution I wanted in liquid form. I've read that you can just use 4.0 pH calibration solution as storage solution. They sell pH calibration liquids in the shop here, but it's the EC/TDS calibration liquid that I can't find.
          That's why I was hoping there was an EC/TDS calibration solution that comes in powder form, and is mixed with RO water. Dunno if such a thing exists. =/

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been very happy with my HM pH meters.

Blue Labs are good but kinda high, I got 3 or 4 of the 15 dollar cheap ones and they all work fine and are pretty accurate and will stay that way if you take care of them. Keep a little solution in the meters cap to keep the probe wet and stand it on the cap when finished. They work fine if you follow the directions least mine does.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I agree bro. They do work, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.. they're annoying. Man, the amount of times I had to calibrate, and guess, and convert. No more, haha.
          I'd rather pay 3 times the price and get something solid. =D

They make plenty of over 300 buck kind if that's what your looking for. Still gotta keep em calibrated. Not hard to do .
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I use and would recommend the BlueLab. They are expensive but worth it, very simple to use too.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Yo Yo Yo. So I went ahead with Hanna Instruments. Honestly, the cleanliness and just sheer professionalism of their website drew me in.
            I ordered these two pens:

HI98108 pHep+ pH pen is a waterproof pocket pH tester with 0.01 pH resolution, 3-point calibration, & a cloth junction for accurate readings in a durable design

Hanna Instruments GroLine Waterproof EC & TDS (ppm) Tester is made specifically for Hydroponics to measure fertilizer concentration in nutrient solutions

I love their simplistic and sleek design. Along with calibration sachets, what more could I want.
            Both pens and 20 calibration sachets cost me $135.

Can't wait for them to arrive. <3 <3 <3

Thanks for all the recommendations peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenArmadillo View Post
              Yo Yo Yo. So I went ahead with Hanna Instruments. Honestly, the cleanliness and just sheer professionalism of their website drew me in.
              I ordered these two pens:

HI98108 pHep+ pH pen is a waterproof pocket pH tester with 0.01 pH resolution, 3-point calibration, & a cloth junction for accurate readings in a durable design

Hanna Instruments GroLine Waterproof EC & TDS (ppm) Tester is made specifically for Hydroponics to measure fertilizer concentration in nutrient solutions

I love their simplistic and sleek design. Along with calibration sachets, what more could I want.
              Both pens and 20 calibration sachets cost me $135.

Can't wait for them to arrive. <3 <3 <3

Thanks for all the recommendations peoples.
              Excellent choices. Have fun with your new meters.
              Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
              White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X