Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special "titles" for users, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special "titles" for users, what do you think?

Hello everyone! Chemichael had the idea that we should make new user titles for our members! Like one title could be "Green Thumb" or something like that. Right now they just say "Junior Member" which is pretty boring!

Do you have any ideas or suggestions for titles? Should we make titles based on the number of posts? Or maybe we could do something where people get a special title after they harvest their first grow or something like that!

I've never been in a forum with an active title system and I would love to hear suggestions from our wonderful growers on what you think might be fun! No wrong answers! You are all so creative

I like the idea of a promotion sort of after the first harvest! And then maybe the number of post. But to be kept at a pretty decent count or people will just post post post until they get there!
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Junior member...upgraded to...confirmed harvester

Has a ring to it maybe...

Comment

Maybe a progressive thing as well, give credit for members who post a lot. Make names a different color the more post one makes. I would like to see the names along the lines that you have started NebulaHaze...........names from out there in space, I'm sure there are a lot of them. We could all start out as the name of a new star - nova.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Sonnyhad That's a really great point! Maybe instead of how many total number of posts, it could be based on how long you've been a member, or how many likes you've received. That way you can't abuse it by over posting

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm so glad you brought this issue up, because I have something else I have to suggest: Over the past month, I have seen quite a few posts by beginners who are overwhelmed by issues they don't know how to solve. It stresses them out a lot.

Sometimes the thread kind of digresses into other issues and the newbie doesn't really get clear, direct responses to the problems s/he is confronting. Would there be any possibility of having a special section on the forum called HELP!!! or some such thing? It could be devoted specifically to PROBLEMS people are having, and allow newbies to get the help they need asap. I don't like to see these issues get lost in the crowd as the forum grows...and grows...and grows...

RE: Titles: I like the idea of this forum being a great democracy among us all--masters and mistresses of The Grow, in-betweeners and newbies. Not so crazy about the idea of a popularity contest based on how many likes you get... Likes should be spontaneous.

I'm quite happy with my red bars, which indicate that I have put time and energy into the forum.

Sounds like a good idea, put me in as a space cadet lol!!
          The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Also, for people who just signed up, maybe we could make a bunch of choices to choose from like "Soil Grower" or "Space Cadet"? That way even if you are new, you can still get some choices to share your personality.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
              Jibblerjoe commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that is right track. I know I am not worried about a tittle. Mainly I am question master, but some of fellow growers got the answers. I am happy with that. If you have to earn a given tittle I imagine there could be downsides

I would like to see our member number of sign on....what member number am I...it's gotta be low!!

Comment

space cadet soil grower here great ideas, I love progress lol
              "Please don't throw your shit at me... unless that shit resembles a bag of marijuana"
              - Les Claypool

Comment

Having a choice to pick from is a good idea I think, get everyone to think of a few and choose the best or worst haha
                The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Getting up to fully cured would be my GOAL!!!
                  Bubblehead
                  4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
                  4 Cures and a Life time gardener
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

As as far as number of posts I agree. Not by quantity. I also think general milestones should upgrade title and also some members should even get special titles.

General titles for months or longevity of membership.

Got this idea just now....

New Members are Bag Seeds
                    after time time, seedlings
                    and more time, Vegging Around..
                    more time, Florist, Or Budtenders

Special titles for certain members based on Likes or specific type posting contributions, knowledge etc.
                    So Little for example - I would Call him or her, SOL. And only Little is SOL because he or she wakes us up every day with a morning or afternoon post. If not SOL, something Beginning- Opening... like Mother Sprout - ok im nuts but you get it...

Comment

Since I post all the time I don't think titles should be by posting..I over post...I will continue to over post and it is mostly photos. Doesn't mean I'm useful.
                      i would like to see new growers ( as far as that can be known) rewarded and encouraged by their effort and research thru the GWE site and forum.
                      "likes" on the forum are not as active as let's say Facebook where you also know who liked / commented.
                      it might be useful if under the avitar is a (optional) code for who grows how, it could be several with current predominant on top
                      And as Green says " Confirmed Harvester"...determined by a measure of consistent posts determined by GWE...i.e.posts of 1 (?) grow to include: 3 stages of veg, 3 flower, 3 harvest, 3 cure? With photos of course.

How that hat would all be tallied via the internet..I have absolutely no clue!

this will be an interesting process!!!
                      much love as always GWE
                      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                      photoperiod feminized seeds
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Green75
                        Green75 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Have a link on the main page offering upgrade from junior membership follow this thread

Originally posted by Chemichael View Post
                      As as far as number of posts I agree. Not by quantity. I also think general milestones should upgrade title and also some members should even get special titles.

General titles for months or longevity of membership.

Got this idea just now....

New Members are Bag Seeds
                      after time time, seedlings
                      and more time, Vegging Around..
                      more time, Florist, Or Budtenders

Special titles for certain members based on Likes or specific type posting contributions, knowledge etc.
                      So Little for example - I would Call him or her, SOL. And only Little is SOL because he or she wakes us up every day with a morning or afternoon post. If not SOL, something Beginning- Opening... like Mother Sprout - ok im nuts but you get it...
                      SOL, my dad told me a long time ago, that means "shit out of Luck"
                      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• PuravidaC
                        PuravidaC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like Morning Glory

• Royal Nugs
                        Royal Nugs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I third morning glory for little

• oldjarhead100
                        oldjarhead100 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        4 4 morning glorys for Little lol

geez...
                      but then there are people on the forum who help people all day long
                      how can that be measured?
                      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                      photoperiod feminized seeds
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• ZigZag
                        ZigZag commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thats for sure_ even though I can't get online all the time, when I get the chance I really find peoples comments and posts very helpful!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X