Double End Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double End Bulbs

Hello my friends. I want to upgrade my reflector hood and create a better/larger footprint with deeper penatrations. What's all the buzz about these DE bulbs? I have read contradicting articles and reviews. Some say DE's create more light, increase light cover area, and use less energy. Whilst other test claim that our top of the line HPS bulbs out perform the DE bulbs. So.. I'm figuring some of my GWE friends would have some experience here with DE bulbs and will shoot me straight. What's the Buzz. Are DE's becoming the latest and greatest, or are they just different. Better or not so Mutch?
    5.5x8.5x7. 600w mh/hps. 440fan/carbon filter.
    FF soil/course perlite @25%. FF trio big bloom, grow, tiger bloom. PH w/ nutes@6.5.
    Four Green Crack fem. 7 gallon fiber pots.
    1 PKAF. 1 BCF. In 3 gallon fiber pots.
    Sowed 3-27-17. 12/12 light 5-7-17.
    Harvest PKAF 5-30-17 @ 43 grams
    Harvest one of four GC 7-9-17. Weight at time unknown. Will follow.

Got to see a major grow operation in Denver they were all using the gavita double-ended 1000 Watts the💣. Absolutely great lights but are extremely power-hungry if your grow is limited and small check out 315 CMH. New technology probably one of the better lights you can buy right now just my two cents,☮️

Comment

With double ended you need 10 ceilings.

Comment

The theoreticle efficiency over SE at best is 10% however in reality it ends up being more like half than that. Other than that, they dont offer anything else.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X