Ice probe chiller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice probe chiller question

Ok so i pretty much just need to ask do i have to use a 1 1/4 inch hole or can i up it to a 1 1/2 inch hole i have a 1 1/2 inch drill bit here at the house but i cant find the 1 1/4 inch bit so can i use the next size up or will it cause a leak cant find anything online about it just says use a 1 1/4 inch bit and now im just repeating my self lmao
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Dude I do not know.......but if it says use 1 1/4" I would stick to that
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

I tested it you can use the 1 1/2 inch and it doesnt leak raining like a hurricane is rolling through so i dont wanna leave with the baby so i just said fu×× it and poped the holes throughnow just trying to see how cold itll make it

Comment

I installed this ice probe using a 11/4" spade bit. You could use 11/2" but you will have less surface for the silicon washer to do its job. Or use the larger bit and add a dab of silicone sealant outside--but then you'd have a 'permanent' installation perhaps not a good idea to add sealant.
        Panos
        Addendum: Ran into the people who did my stall shower and was told: Yes, silicone seal will do the job and it can also be peeled off, if needed, later. So I was wrong about the permanent installation.
        Also: I have had this ice probe running in my tank(10 gallon) for about 10 days now and water temp steady at 71degrees. I had hoped for lower.
        Last edited by Panos; 08-19-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea no it installed perfectly but i had to insulate my reservoir befor it did anything now its holding my water at 69° while the tent is 81°

I had a one and a quarter inch hole saw put it in the drill bam, my water temp stay right at 64 right now plant loves it. It does come with an oversized washer if you can't make an exact one and a quarter hole.

Comment

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea my water stays right between 70° and 67° now just trying to finnish up some things and may move her to a new smaller tote

How many gallons are you trying to cool and is your container insulated, my temperature dropped another 4 degrees or so after insulating. Using in a veg tent right now and it stays 79 81 degrees. Shoot some pictures love to see it. ☮️

Comment

Its semi insulatedr waiting for the next res change to do the bottom and make it look pretty lmao but yea its always between 78° and 85° in my tent live in a 2 story house and growing in my room which has no AC from the main house cant use my closet and trap cold air because the water heater is in my closet which cases my room to be 78° and when its 78° in my room its 85 in the tent so iv been jerry rigging ways to cool the tent without the use of that exspencive ass window AC and any pointers on how i can cool the air in the tent further let me know because id love to keep my water at 64° but when its 85° in tent waters like 75

Comment

• Graff420
            Graff420 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yea its got about 6 to 7 gallons in it i try to keep it at 6 tho

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X